Chapter XXIV

Narrator's P.O.V

"You're lying." Yoongi said in disbelief.
"You're fucking lying. How could we trust a devil." Yoongi didn't even notice Jimin's eye glitching. He was reading his heart. He was making sure he wasn't lying.

He was surprised. Jungkook was not lying. "He isn't lying." Jimin said abruptly. Then, silence fell in the room they were in. That long, tense silence.

Jannie was confused, processing everything, and so was everyone. She didn't even say anything, even afraid to make eye contact with Jungkook.

There were a million thoughts per second attacking her brain. What was to become of them now? Who would even allow that? Not her uncle nor Jungkook's father.

Not being able to bear the silence, Hoseok decided to ask. "How did you know they were in danger anyways?"
Jungkook sighed.

"When I went to take some of my belongings at Jannies company, I may have overheard someone talk about how their secret would be revealed by some Yoongi guy and tell Jannie. He said he wanted both dead. Yoongi apparently is him I guess." Jungkook told him, pointing to Yoongi with his head.

"Just as expected. Who did you overhear may I ask?" Yoongi said.
"Min Seohyun"

"Wait, what?" Jannie asked to make sure she heard right. "You heard me."
He replied.

"No... I mean- come on, him? He's grumpy and stuff but, seriously?" She still couldn't believe.

"It's not much of a shocker Jannie." Yoongi said. "Have you ever thought that I too was in the 'accident' with mom and dad."

"You're right.... what on earth happened?" She said her eyes wide in confusion.

"It was uncle Seohyun who killed our parents"

Flashback

The driver continued the way to the airport.
"Should we really have gone without Jannie?" Yoongi asked his parents.
"She'll be okay hon-" his mother's word was interrupted. Both mom and dad, looked at each other concerned.

"Hey. Why are you taking this weird route? We're going to the airport remember?" His dad said.

Sure. Yoongi was little, but he wasn't stupid to not notice the tension.

The driver never answered. He only looked like he was about to cry. The car stopped at some weird abandoned building.

His dad was getting angry. Who on earth does that driver think he can make go through that. He was not going to let go without a fight.

The moment he wanted to speak up, he saw Seohyun waiting for them.

He sighed in relief. It was only him. 
"Gee, brother. You could have asked to come with us you know?"

He didn't smile or laugh. He just spoke in a blank tone. "Come inside. I have something to show you."

They never knew, that would be their end. They didn't expect it. It came from they least expected.

Yoongi watched, as his parents vanished into nothing. He had begged him not to kill them, not to kill him. Scared to disappear.

The same would happen to him. A stab through his heart, with a silver knife and his whole being would vanish.

He stabbed him. A child. But the moment he did, he heard some people talking outside. He had to disappear before getting seen.

Yoongi tried to scream for help, but he was too weak. He still didn't understand why he didn't disappear.

It was because he still hadn't turned fully into a vampire. Only the blue moon had occurred.

The people that were outside entered the old scary building. When they found Yoongi, they immediately took him.

"Go open the door! I can carry him, Jimin!"

Flashback end

Jimin and his father had taken him. He grew up with Jimin. Jimin was even younger than him back then.

Yoongi looked carefully at Jannie, as the bitter memories made his heart feel heavy. How could anyone not feel like crying, when they were hurt so much, when they were so traumatized. It would have hurt less coming from a stranger, than his uncle.

"Why... why would he do it? How could he!" Jannie said in between her tears. Yoongi felt sad for her, so  he comforted her in the best way he could, by hugging her and letting her cry to him.

Jungkook and all the others stood there, sad expressions painted on their faces. Jungkook could understand  how she felt. His mother was killed by the same man anyways. Never in his life, did he want to take someone's place.

Yoongi's place in that moment. He wanted to hug her and tell her it's all right. One thing he knew for sure.... he would shake up the earth, and never let someone hurt her. Not even a strand of her hair.

After a while, they all sat down at the couch. Not even knowing anymore. Everyone questioning their lives. Jungkook was questioning himself... what was he doing, among vampires... the supposedly enemies. The creatures he used to loath, but saved anyways.

Why could he suddenly feel? Was his own devil self lying to him? He never knew himself anyways. He knew he was a devil, and was supposed to ruin anyone that crossed his path... Yet he hesitated.

"If there is anymore secrets, that anyone is hiding from me, you better let it out. I'm tired. Normally I would be so mad at you," she looked at Yoongi. "but I'm too lazy for that."

"No-" Yoongi was about to say, but got interrupted by Jungkook. "Yes. It not very nice either, but it wasn't a secret. I just learned." he said looking at her cautiously. "Go ahead." she said in a tone, that came out weak, almost a whimper."

"Your uncle killed my mom. That's why I started to really hate you first... but it was different with you." he looked at her with an unreadable expression. "What do you mean?" Hoseok asked him, and all the others silently praised him for the question, as they wondered that as well.

"I just couldn't kill you. At first, I denied myself, not being used to feelings. I thought I really hate you, yet I kept playing myself, telling myself that it's just one of my sick twisted games, but really.... it's not..." he sighed. "I can't understand... I wondered that for years, ever since I met Yoongi. How could someone do that to his own family?" Jimin said, sadly.

"Isn't it obvious? The throne. The desire for wealth." Yoongi said bitterly. "That's fucking twisted." Said Hoseok.

"Wait a minute. Don't tell me, uncle Jaehyun is involved in this too. He can't be... He isn't right?" Jannie said hopefully. "I don't really know... but he isn't probably. His alibi is proved right? He was always abroad studying and he didn't really care much about the company." Yoongi stated the facts.

She sighed in relief. "This isn't over with. We can't stay still about this. I'll take revenge... We all will take revenge. Right?" She said. Yoongi laughed. "Lucky you all.... I'm armed with a brilliant one."