Chapter XXIII

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵

Narrator's P.O.V

"Mom?" Jannie called out to the beautiful woman, who was dressed in all white.

She turned her head around and flashed a kind motherly smile at her, her eyes turning into two thin lines.

"Yes dear?"  Answered her sweet voice that no one could ever get  tired of.

"You're alive?!" she said hopefully.

"Oh..." her mother's face saddened for a moment, "not quite..."

"Where's dad?" Jannie asked.

Her mom chuckled. "He's right behind you."

"Boo!" said a deep voice behind her.

They both started to get closer to her, wrapping her into a warm embrace.

"Why can't you stay with me here forever?" Jannie cried.

"Oh honey," her father said, "you don't belong here. You have to get back to the ones you love"

"But... I love the wrong person." she looked down.

"There's no such thing as a wrong person when it comes to love... you have to follow your heart." Her dad continued and her mom slowly nodded in agreement.

"Go back." her mom said, and they slowly started fading away.

Jannie wanted to grasp the both of them, not wanting to let the feeling of home go...

But she grabbed nothing but air.
•••
Just like a snap of a finger, the beautiful place she was in, faded to black.Into darkness. Into the darkness she dreaded. But somehow, she found comfort in that darkness. It had always been there anyways.

Lying, unconscious on the floor of her room, Jungkook stared down at her.
He wanted to end everything right then and there. Still... he couldn't kill her.

He had to just accept it. That this was the first time he felt, the first time in a while that he heard the words "I love you" directed to him.

His heart was failing him. The real problem was gonna be stopping his father. Was it really a problem? He wondered. Maybe deep down inside, even he had some atoms of feelings and empathy.

He looked at her limp body laying on the ground once again. He stood up, feeling dizzy for a second, then lifted her in his arms, and sent her to her bed.

Maybe if he stayed away from her, it would have been better for the both of them. He disappeared back into his own place, finding anger in his confusion.

The bright moon was shining, decorating the dark blue sky.

He sat outside, finding comfort in the ruffling sound of the trees as the wind swayed them back and fourth.

Out of boredom, as he always did from his child hood, he started singing his feelings out. Hoping to empty is heavy heart.

Tomorrow morning

Jungkook promised himself to stay far away from her. The last thing he had to do, was go take the material he had to take at Jannies workplace.

He did his usual morning routine and got out, then drove to the company. It was indeed big and impressing with the design and it's decorations.