Ch. 24

JUNGKOOK POV:
"Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you."

I said politely as I shook my hands with Kim Junmyeon. He also greeted me and sooner or later, we were both sat down in front of each other. It's actually my first time meeting Jin's big brother, even though I've been into their castle many times.

"So, what is the reason to have me come by, your highness."

"Please, no need to be formal. Call me Jungkook. I called you here for a very important reason."

"And what might that be?"

"There is this human.."

"Hu-human..?!"

He asked shocked. I sighed while nodding my head.

"Yes, that human was supposed to be your little brother's soulmate-"

"What?! I cannot agree to this-"

"Please, listen and do not interrupt me."

I said sternly. He cleared his throat and breathed in.

"I know its a bit of a shock, but I, myself has found a soulmate and it is a human."

"That's.. Jungkook, you are the most powerful and respected King. Won't it be too much for the demons to find out your soulmate-"

"I do not care for what they think. I am the King, I do what I want."

"But-"

"Listen to what I say."

I growled. He lowered his head and apologized quietly.

"Kim Namjoon, Jin's mate. Your little brother has broken every rule on having a soulmate. He cheated and slept with alot of demons. He hurt his mate in every kind of way. In condition of his actions, Namjoon is dying."

"Wha-"

"You know what happens when a mate is dying" don't you."

"Yes.."

"You know that when a human had a soulmate as a demon, and that specific demon breaks the rules, that human slowly dies."

"Yes, and they can't come back to their world anymore because of the bond that ties them."

"Exactly, we need to give Namjoon a second chance."

Junmyeon's eyes bulged out.

"A-are you saying-"

"Yes. I'm going to ask you if you can be Namjoon's second chance."

"B-but.. That human is my little brother's-"

"He is, but your brother isn't loyal to him at all. He doesn't care about him."

Junmyeon sat on his spot contemplating. His eyebrows were furrowed as he looked down on his lap. It might be a hard decision since Namjoon was his brothers soulmate, and he doesn't want to hurt his little brother, but he should know that Jin was the caused from the very start.

Suddenly, he looked up and gulped.

"Can I ask.."

"Go ahead."

"Why are you helping this human?"

"As I said, my mate is a human, too. Namjoon is a friend of his, I'd rather see my soulmate smile than cry seeing his dying friend. It pains me to see the sight of my soulmate crying."

"Oh.."

"So, what is your answer?"

He stayed quiet for a few seconds until he nodded.