Chapter 1

Marinette Dupain-Cheng rolled over in her bed to face the window. As the light went into her eyes she woke up from her deep sleep. She rolled her face onto her pillow and groaned. She pushed her midnight blue hair out of her eye to see the clock. 8am it read. She laid there briefly then bounced out of bed.

   "Oh no! I'm late!" She yelled as she hurriedly got dressed. She changed out of her pjs and looked in the mirror at her mess of a hair. "I don't have time for this!" She grabbed to hair ties and pulled her hair into two messy pigtails. She threw on a jacket and ran down the stairs. She saw her parents sitting down laughing at the table. "Why are you just sitting there! We have to leave now!" Her parents looked at her and chucked.   

   Her dad stood up to walk to the stove and said "We changed the clock in your room to change it to 2 hours ahead. So when you woke up you'd hurry. Nice hair by the way." As he continued cooking breakfast Marinette sat at the table next to her mom.

   "I don't know much about wizarding school, but from what I understand you can't be late." Her Mom laughed. Marinette was a half blood. Her father is a wizard and met her mom, a muggle, at a muggle cafe. In order to be with her he had to give up his job in the wizard world and he opened a muggle bakery. "Your father is making eggs benedict, your favorite. He's going to miss you so much. And so will I."

Marinette smiles at her mom but she wasn't really paying attention. Her mind was occupied with thoughts about that day. 'My first year at Hogwarts! So exciting!' Her dad served breakfast for her and her mom with his special dance for the final time before she went off to Hogwarts. It did make her a bit sad knowing that she won't be able to eat her father's eggs benedict again until Christmas. But that feeling didn't compare to how excited she was to finally go to wizard of school

"Have all of your things ready?" They asked her several times before she realized what she forgot.

"Tikki!" She ran from the table up the stairs to find her. She went to her room and saw Tikki outside her window wanting to come in. She opened up the window and her owl flew into the room landing in her cage. Tikki was a peculiar looking owl. She originally was a snowy owl with lots of spots but when her father tried to use a spell to paint the living room red, it landed on someone else. Tikki ended up looking like a ladybug with her spots still showing. Tikki has belonged to her family since she was about 8 so they have become great friends. "Whatcha got there Tikki?" Tikki hooed in return. Marinette took the note off of her foot. It was from her best friend Alya.

Dear Mari,
Are you ready for Hogwarts gurl? I sure am. I'm bringing my camera so I can take videos of all of our super magicy adventures together. Save me a seat on the train if you make it in time.
Love,
Alya

Marinette and Alya have been best friends since their parents put them in wizard daycare together. She was also a halfblood, her mom was a muggleborn and her dad a muggle. They don't see each other often but they write letters everyday.

'I really hope we're in the same house' she thought as she locked Tikki's cage and took her downstairs. When she got down there she saw her parents with her suitcases at the door waiting for her. She looked at her house one last time before walking out the door to the car.

• • •

Marinette pushed her cart as she walked to platform 9 3/4 with her parents. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a familiar girl with brown hair and orange ends.
"Alya!" She yelled as she ran towards her friend. She ran into her friends arms for a hug. "You dyed your hair!"

"Yeah I did. My dad is having trouble finding platform 9 3/4. Can your family help?" Alya asked motioning to my parents pushing the cart towards us.

"Follow me girls." Marinette's father said as he led the group to a brick wall. "Go on. Run in." Marinette and Alya grabbed each other's hands and ran in together. The girl's parents followed. They gasped in awe of the train. Neither of the girls have been there before. Alya's parents never brought siblings to the station and Marinette is an only child.

"Dad. Mom. I'm going to miss you so much." Marinette said starting to tear up a bit as the realization set in. She ran into their arms for a group hug.

"We'll miss you too hunny. Remember to send us a letter every week or else we'll send a howler. And nobody wants that." Her dad chuckled while squeezing her tighter. Next to them Alya's dad was a puddle, not wanting to let go of her.

"Dad.... this is why Mom took everyone else to the station for the first time." Alya said laughing while hugging him. She turned to Marinette. "Cmon Mari, we're going to miss the train!" She started pushing her cart towards the train motioning Marinette to follow. Marinette took a deep breath and followed her to the train. Right before she boarded the train she waved at her parents one last time. As she followed Alya she smiled to herself. 'I'm going to hogwarts.'

Marinette and Alya found an empty compartment and put their suitcases above them. They sat across from each other and Marinette put Tikki down next to her.

"Hey. Do you mind if we sit here?" A frazzled girl with blonde, pixie cut hair asked. Alya nodded. Another girl appeared from behind the curtain. She had dark hair with purple streaks. The blonde sat next to Marinette and the other sat across from her. "Hi! My name's Rose. That's Juleka. She doesn't talk much." She giggled. The other girl waved politely.

"I'm Alya. And that's Marinette. We're first years. What about you?"

"Us too. I'm so nervous for the sorting." Rose replied. "Do you want to be in a certain house or..?"

"I don't care. I just want to be with my bestie Alya." Marinette added.

"Well you better hope we're gryffindors together Mari." Alya laughed.

'Alya's definitely a gryffindor. I'm not brave at all.' Marinette thought to herself. As everyone settled down,the train started to move. Marinette looked at the platform and watched as her parents faded from view. She sighed. She will miss them but she's ready for the next part of her life.

1153 words