Chapter 15

"Stop."

   Adrien began to panic. Why was she stopping him? He looked around the hallway before grabbing her arm and pulling her into a closet.

   "No, I'm not going to stop. If you don't want to hear that speech I'll say the other. Marinette, stay away from Luka, he's dangerous." Marinette raises her eyebrows pushing aside the previous speech.

   "That's funny Adrien. Luka wouldn't hurt a fly-" It was then she noticed a bruise forming on Adrien's nose. "Adrien! Your face!"

   "What? You like it?" He flirted with her. Marinette turned red as her head began to spin.

   "What? Yes? No? Not the point. There's a huge bruise on your nose. It looks broken. We need to get you to the infirmary!" She went to leave when Adrien stopped her.

   "This is what I mean! Luka punched me in the bathroom and insulted me." Marinette looked at him in shock. "I know it sounds-"

   "I believe you," Marinette said. "I trust you Adrien and when you say Luka did that I trust you're telling the truth. You'd never lie to me. Thank you for warning me. Let's go to the infirmary." Marinette grabbed his hand and led him out of the closet and to the infirmary. Adrien smiled from behind her. From the warmth surrounding his hand and for getting her back. Marinette nearly forgot about how his first speech was identical to the one she told Chat last night. Nearly.

   "Mari!" Luka called from wherever he came from. Adrien shot a dark look at him. "Oh my god, Adrien what happened? Did you fall?" Luka lied.

   "Shut up Luka, we'll talk later." She continued dragging Adrien not paying attention to the smirk Adrien gave Luka on their way.

   •   •   •

   "Luka. I know you punched Adrien. I don't wanna listen to your explanation. Just whatever this," She waved her arms around, "is, is over. Whatever happened yesterday just forget it. You hurt one of my closest friends and lied about it."

   "Mari please give me another chance. Ever since we met you've been the music playing in my head. You're the most extraordinary girl, Marinette. As clear as a musical note and as sincere as a melody. I've never felt this way about anyone before. Please don't let this one thing ruin what has barely begun. I'll do anything." Luka pleaded with her. Marinette felt her heartstrings pull at this declaration.

   "Apologize to Adrien. A real apology. No underlying tones. If you can't do that well that's it. Otherwise, I'll need time." Marinette said locking eyes with the tall boy. He nodded and ran out of the room to the infirmary. Today was a Saturday so Marinette had some time to herself. She made her way to her bed and laid down with her eyes closed despite it being so early.

   "Marinette? Do you want to talk about what happened with Adrien?" Tikki asked her. Tikki somehow knew magically of what happens in Marinette's life. She rolled over to face the colorful owl beside her bed. That's something she could never get used to. The talking owl.

   "You heard him Tikki. He was saying verbatim the speech I helped Chat with last night. Maybe Chat was asking for a friend? No, you saw him. He was miserable. He couldn't have been asking about me. That means Adrien feels something for me. Something. But that also means." Marinette sat up. "Adrien is Chat Noir."

   •   •   •

"I'm sorry Adrien. It's just, I thought that the reason why you were upset was because of me and Mari. I got worried. I was afraid you had feelings for her and I initially thought she had feelings for you as well. I acted on jealously. I'm truly sorry Adrien." Luka said looking at his feet. Adrien stared confused at the now calm boy beside him.