Chapter 13

October 31st. Old Hallow's Eve. One of the greatest days in a year at Hogwarts. Marinette sat at the table as the feast began. She laughed as Adrien began stuffing food into his bag to save for later and Alya made fun of him for it. Nino took breadsticks and put them in his mouth like fangs.

   "Mwah ha ha!" Nino had his hands in a claw shape.

"Oh no! He's been Imperioed!" Alya put her hand on her head in distress. The group often makes fun of Nino's incident. Actually since then there has been no victims. Word spread about how Hawkmoth feeds off of negative energy. People have learned to keep their emotions in check. And if someone sees something getting out of hand then they go in and intervene.

"Hey guys! Are you ready for tonight?" Luka said sitting next to Marinette. The gang nodded. Tonight was the G-Squad's first concert. The G-Squad was the name of their band. They talked to Professor Bustier about performing on Halloween. She agreed. The whole school is allowed to come and watch in the courtyard but it is expected to mostly be Gryffindors like themselves. "Are you nervous Mari?" Luka turned to Marinette. She blushed at his close proximity.

"A bit." She looked down at her lap. "I've never performed in front of a large crowd before. What if I mess up?" Luka lifted her chin up.

"You won't. Remember our jam sessions? You did better each and every time we practiced. You're amazing Mari. You've got this." Luka smiles at her before getting up and leaving. Alya wiggled her eyebrows at her.

"Shush Alya." Marinette shoved a roll in her friends mouth while laughing.

•        •        •

   Marinette paced back and forth in the hallway. She was nervous. No she was petrified.

   "Marinette? Are you okay?" She heard the familiar blond ask. She shook her head no. She felt a warm hand on her shoulder. "It's okay. Breathe with me. In." They both took a breath. "And out." Marinette closed her eyes.

   "I'm going to mess up. They're going to laugh at me Adrien. I'll be a failure."

   "You're not a fail-"

   "I can cast some spells. Fly a broom. I can't sing! You just couldn't find anyone else!" Marinette said getting aggravated.

"Marinette calm do-"

"No no no! I'm going to crack under pressure like I always do and ruin it for everybody! I don't think you understand that I ruin everything and you've all worked so hard for this and I just!" Marinette broke down. "I'm not good at this I'm not. People always trust me with these responsibilities and I'm like okay I can do this I can pull through and I fake this confidence and then I fail! This always happens!" Adrien didn't know what to do in this situation. One of his best friends was having a mental breakdown and he did the only thing he could thing of. He hugged her. He hugged her so tight she couldn't speak.

   "Marinette. I'm not saying this because I'm your friend. You are amazing. You're incredibly talented in so many ways. You are one of the best spell casters I've ever seen. You are going to win the first quidditch game when you catch the snitch like you always do. And now. Now you're going to go out there and sing your heart out. You're going to see how amazing you are and you'll show everyone else in the process." Adrien felt her breathing slow down with his words. Her grip on him tightened.

   "Thank you Adrien. For more than you know." Adrien smiled softly as he stared down at the bluenette.

   "Yo lovebirds! We're on in five!" Alya called out from absolutely nowhere. Marinette made a mental note to scold her later. Marinette unwillingly left the boy's grip.