Chapter 9

"Tikki, spots off." Ladybug said panting when she was safely back in the owlery. A swirl of pink undid the disguise, revealing Marinette. She collapsed onto her bed and looked at the owl next to her.

"I apologize for not being able to explain everything before he attacked, Marinette." The spotted owl said. Marinette smiled at her.

"It's fine Tikki. While I get you your cookie can you explain to me what is happening?" Marinette said pulling out the cookie stash.

"You know of Hawkmoth correct?" Tikki asked. Marinette nodded. "As I said briefly, he has returned."

"I thought he died. How is he back?"

"How, we are not really sure of. But all we do know is that we have to stop him once and for all."

"Have you always been a kwami or did you possess my owl?" Tikki started laughing at her holder's ridiculous question. Then she got quiet.

"I'm not really sure. Maybe I possessed your owl but I have all of her memories. This is going to cause an existential crisis Marinette. Can you please give me my cookie."

"Of course Tikki. Or kwami inside Tikki. Actually this is weird I'm going to forget about that. Why me?" She asked giving her a cookie. Tikki spoke in between bites.

"The Guardian chose you for a reason. He knows your destined to be Ladybug. And it also helps you're extremely advanced at witchcraft. Chat Noir is also like you, destined to be Chat Noir." Marinette smiled at the compliment.

"Who is Chat Noir?"

"You both aren't allowed to know the other's secret identity. No one is. Not your parents, even Alya. The only people who know that you're Ladybug is you, me, and the Guardian. And that's how it must stay. If someone finds out, well we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Now no more deep questions, you have to go to that "jam session" with Luka."

• • •

Marinette ran into the common room to see Luka waiting near the fire with his guitar. He waved as she walked over to him.

"Hey Marinette." Luka asked as she sat down next to him. Marinette smiled back.

   "Sorry I'm late Luka." Marinette said facing him. Behind him were Adrien and Nino. She gazed at them across the common room to see Adrien laughing with Nino while trying to study. She saw his eyes twinkle for a brief moment before they returned to their shiny green. She heard Luka clear his throat before snapped her back to reality.

"Oh sorry. I was just... distracted." Marinette said. "So how does a jam session work exactly. Like you play a song on the guitar and I'll sing?" Luka let out a small laugh then frowned.

"Maybe we should take a rain check on this." Luka said standing up.

"Why? Are you feeling okay?" Marinette asked with concern.

"I'm fine. You seem a bit distracted." He said motioning towards Adrien. Marinette looked at him in surprise. "Go to him."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you like him, don't you?" That question took her by surprise. She doesn't like him, does she?

"W-What are you talking about?" She stammered. Luka raised his eyebrows causing her to blush.