Chapter 12

Adrien laughed at Nino's joke. He was happy to see his friend better after the day's event. He also took notice of the boy's blush when Alya said something about it. He turned his attention to the bluenette on the ground. He wiggled his eyebrows and nudged his head in Alya and Nino's direction. She glanced over and smirked to herself.

   "Hey, Adrien!" Alya said. The four of them were apart of the few left in the common room. "Do you have any embarrassing stories?" Adrien took a moment to think about it.

   "Oh yeah! This one time I was in a shoot and as you saw earlier, I'm allergic to feathers. Anyway they had me wear this hat that was completely made out of pigeon feathers. I nearly passed out mid-shoot from sneezing so much. They had to find someone else. I was so embarrassed." Adrien told the group. They all snickered at the model's misfortune. "Marinette, you're next."

   "Oh I have a really good one for this. Alya you'll remember this. It was about a year ago and I had a crush on this kid." There it was again. The twinge in his stomach. "So I was trying to either tell him how I felt or ask him out or something. I brought the whole class cupcakes that day from my parent's bakery. I was talking to him before class. After he gently rejected of course me I walked backwards, tripped and fell. Then the cupcakes all landed on me. My whole class was laughing at me. I called in sick the next day." Adrien frowned at the story when Marinette giggled.

   "Girl I remember that! You were horrified for weeks!" Alya laughed along with Nino. "Adrien why do you have that face?"

   "I dunno Alya. I don't think that was funny." Adrien said. Marinette frowned in response.

   "Oh I see what the problem is Alya. Adrien is jealous of the guy in the story." Nino cackled, loud enough for Adrien to hear but not enough for Marinette. Adrien rolled his eyes.

   "Well I think we should all head to bed." Adrien suggested, looking at the clock. "Especially us Marinette, practice tomorrow."

   "Oh and we have our first band practice tomorrow!" Nino reminded the group. Adrien completely forgot that the band existed. It appeared Marinette did too because she made a face. He has been so busy with Chat Noir and quidditch it must of slipped his mind. "Cmon Adrien let's go." Nino stood up and led them to their room. They changed into their pajamas and went to bed.

• • •

Adrien checked the time once more. It was now 11pm. He groaned and flipped over again. He could not sleep. Again. It wasn't even the same reason. It was a certain bluenette in his mind. Nino's comment stuck with him. Do I like Mari? No, ladybug. He just ended up deciding to say he is attracted to bluenette's with blue eyes you can get lost in. He stood up and walked into the common room. He needed to clear his mind, maybe go outside. But he couldn't be Adrien, he would get in trouble. Maybe as someone else. He heard a familiar angry meow at his feet.

"I know what you're thinking kid. Just hurry up and give me cheese after." The cat spoke. Adrien was finally getting used to the recent development of his car being able to demand cheese using human words. He thanked the cat before saying.

"Plagg, claws out!" He quickly ran out of the common room. He ran down the hallway, faster than he normally would due to his transformation. He ran into the courtyard and sat down in the grass. Adrien looked at the stars above and looked for his mom's. This was something Adrien did often. He would designate one star that he believed to be his mom. On lonely nights he would climb onto his roof and talk to it. It may of been weird but it has always been a comfort to him. He quickly found the familiar star. It had a yellowish tint to it and appeared bigger and brighter than the rest. He later learned this was Polaris which made it easier to find.