Chapter 27

"So let me get this straight, you two lived alone? Without any interruptions, for two whole weeks?" Alya stared at the girl in shock, "And didn't get together?!" Marinette nodded yes. After the break ended and everyone returned, it wasn't long before Alya cornered her with a million questions. "I really don't get it, he likes you, you like him. I even sent him a key that said they key to Marinette's heart'! I would have thought that would push him into making a move at least!" Marinette thought back to her conversation with the blonde in question the previous night.

"Alya is gonna ask questions, Adrien. We need to decide on a story of what happened over break." Marinette sat across from Adrien in the common room. He didn't want to talk about this, neither did she.

"Let's just say that my evil dad came to visit, practically forced us into breaking up after only dating for a day. Oh! And that we're Ladybug and Chat Noir!" Adrien said, frustrated. Marinette rolled her eyes at the sarcastic comment.

"I'm just as upset as you are Adrien. It's not like I brutally dumped you. So don't sass me for what had to be done. This is serious, what can I say when she questions me!" Marinette yelled. Adrien flinched at her anger.

"Say that we talked about it after her gift and decided we're better as friends especially since you just got out of a relationship." Adrien sighed before standing up and leaving for bed.

"Well, your key did inspire a conversation. We talked about our feelings but decided we are better off as friends. Especially since the whole Luka thing, I'm not interested in dating at the moment." Alya nodded in agreement.

"As long as you two are happy and me and Nino don't have to hear 'Oh he'll never love me!'" She mimicked her. Marinette stuck her tongue out in retaliation before pulling her friend into a hug.

"I really missed you Alya. It's been, really hard these past few weeks." Marinette began tearing up. Alya saw this and pulled her friend closer.

"It's okay girl, I get it. Just let it out." Alya may have been referring to what Luka did but Marinette was filled to the brim with emotions. She had to let go of the boy she's liked for months in order to protect them for an indefinite amount of time until Hawkmoth attacks. They are completely out of sync with each other and Marinette is freaked out about that too. And they still don't know what Hawkmoth wants their Miraculous for. To take over the wizarding world obviously but why does he need them? The pressure of her responsibilities with quidditch, ladybug, the band, schoolwork, and Adrien were taking a toll on the young girl. She felt as if she were about to explode at any moment but she couldn't show it. There was too much at stake.

"Thanks, Alya, I'm going to go practice, I'll see you at dinner." Marinette collected herself and ran out of the common room, ignoring the concerned look on her friend's face.

Nino walked in by himself not long after and took a seat next to her in front of the fireplace. He put his arm around her and she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"That was by far the weirdest conversation I've ever had with Adrien. When I asked about Marinette he completely dismissed the idea and said that they were better off as friends. He would usually put up more of a fight about answering. He seemed glum too." Nino said to his girlfriend. She nodded in response.

"Marinette was the same way. I know when she lies and she just did. It seemed too rehearsed and fake. Besides, she started crying before she ran out of the room. They're hiding something, Nino." Alya stood up and began walking away. Nino hurried after her, confused at the sudden action.

"Where are you going?" Nino asked. Alya stopped at the door and smiled.

"I'm going to follow her, c'mon let's go before she gets too far!" Alya said before taking off in a sprint, the boy struggling to keep up. The couple sneaked around until they saw the familiar bluenette making her way to the 7th floor.