Chapter 6

Adrien woke up that morning with a pit in his stomach. He tossed and turned throughout the night trying to figure out a way to tell his father that he is in gryffindor. The only solution was to not tell him. He would stay at Hogwarts for the holiday break and go live with Nino during the summer. Pray he never encounters his father again and live happily ever after. But he knew that was impossible. The word would spread sooner or later. He got up and looked around his room. He heard Nino's snores, signifying that he was still asleep. He looked at the clock. It read 6:30am. Adrien decided to get up and ready. He took a long shower to zap himself awake. As the hot water beat against his back he couldn't help but wonder if Marinette was awake yet. He shook the thought out of his mind deciding there were much bigger things he should be thinking about. He sighed as he turned the shower off and got dressed. Back at home his father always made him dry his hair so 'it flows correctly' during shoots but now Adrien didn't care. It would air dry on it's own. He quietly walked down to the common room to see no one else there. His mind drifted to his stressor so he decided to take a walk. He walked out of the common room and started wandering. He needed some fresh air. He found the door that led to the courtyard and stepped outside. The last few mornings of summer air was always refreshing. Not cold enough to be fall nor hot enough for summer. Perfect. A low fog covered the courtyard like a blanket. He stood in a walkway and leaned against the banister watching the trees. He watched the leaves move with the wind. Very calm.

"What am I going to do?" He asked himself. "Nathalie said I'd be disowned if I'm not in Slytherin. Who am I kidding they probably already know because of Chloe." He rubbed his eyes. Across the courtyard he saw an elderly man struggling to get up. Adrien rushed over to help him. When he arrived on the scene he realized it was Professor Fu. He quickly helped him up and grabbed the teacher's things as well.

"Thank you Adrien. I should probably stop taking lonesome walks. I'm getting too old for this. Now why are you out here so early?" The teacher asked him.

"I couldn't sleep so I decided to get some fresh air." Adrien replied. He wasn't lying. Just it wasn't the whole truth. The professor gave him a look.

"I remember your mother coming here." The Professor started. Adrien looked at him in shock. "She was in Slytherin, a pure blood, the whole thing. But she wasn't like the rest of her house. Yes she was cunning but she had some traits of a gryffindor too. The reason why she was a Slytherin instead wasn't because she wasn't brave enough. It's because she was brave enough to be resourceful. To make due with what she had. She would be determined to be great at whatever she had to do. She was a mix of both houses but in the end she was suited for Slytherin. Not for being "evil" but for being brave and smart enough to not be. Do you understand?" He asked turning to him. Adrien made sense of it.

"I'm worried what my father will say when he finds out I'm not in Slytherin. He was hoping I would carry on the family title." Adrien said. He felt a bit better after telling someone. Professor Fu nodded.

"There's at least one person per year who has the exact issue. May not be Slytherin but something else. Word of the wise: Tell him now and don't open any howlers for the rest of the year." The teacher smiled. "It's best if he hears it from you. I've had students lie for all 7 years. When they'd go shopping they'd buy Slytherin robes and at home talk about Slytherin friends. Then at graduation their parents will see them with Hufflepuff and leave. In the middle of graduation they would leave. It always disturbs me to see it happen and it never loses its shock effect." Adrien gaped. That was actually one of the plans he had.

"Thank you Professor. I'll go the owlery now." Adrien said thanking him for the advice.

"I should be thanking you. You did help me up after all." Adrien said you're welcome and walked away. Master Fu smiled as Adrien ran inside.