Chapter 10

A/N: Before you read I just want to thank you all for continuing this book after my several month absence. Also I appreciate every comment and vote. I may not reply but I read every one of them. You may notice a difference in my writing style (hopefully an improvement.) thank you again and enjoy the 10th chapter!

It's one thing for people to converse in a friendly way with you while eating or doing homework but it's different when they stand by your side during your difficult days. That's what friends truly are. People who will be by you and help you up when you fall. Who will be strong with you or for you. And right now that's Marinette for Adrien. She stayed by his side and is being strong for him. With him.

Adrien slowly opened it. As he did he realized it was actually a letter. Of course it wasn't a howler. It would of exploded by now. He would of laughed at his stupidity if it wasn't for the current circumstance. Adrien glanced at it and recognized his father's handwriting. It was messy, almost rushed. Of course it was. He barely had time to speak with his son, let alone write a letter to scold him. He was already surprised his father would write. Adrien assumed when he saw the paper Nathalie would of written it. Maybe his father did care. Or just was so utterly disgusted with him, he had to write the letter himself. As Adrien began reading, it became the latter of the two.

Adrien,

Wow. Not even a proper greeting.

Nathalie alerted me of the mishap at Hogwarts. That you were mistakenly put into Gryffindor. I am doing everything in my power to have you switched to Slytherin where you belong with the rest of the Agreste's.

In the meantime while I have this sorted out, you must sit with Chloe at the Slytherin table despite the situation.

-Father

Adrien crumpled the paper in his hand. He almost forgot that Marinette was here. Almost. He felt the warmth of her hand on his shoulder. It was... familiar.... comforting. He took a deep breath in.

"I'm not here to pry but if you need anything, let me know." Marinette spoke softly. Almost a whisper but loud enough to hear. She took her hand away and the coldness on his shoulder returned. There and gone. That's how it's always been for him. Something, or someone, is there and then it's gone. Adrien put his head into his hands.

   "He thinks it's a mistake he can fix. That he will gift Professor Fu galleons and I will mysteriously be in Slytherin. With Chloe." Adrien said, adding a groan at the last part. Marinette's eyebrows crinkled. "He doesn't understand that this is me. This is who I am. He's in denial." Adrien slumped against the wall landing in the floor. Marinette slid down next to him. "Thanks Marinette. You're a good friend."

•        •        •

   As Adrien's day passed he grew increasingly annoyed at his father. For not supporting him or just overall being a terrible person. He once heard rumors that his father was a secret supporter of Hawkmoth but Adrien knew this wasn't true. Or was it? Maybe his father's frequent business trips was more than what he said? What if it had to do with Hawkmoth's return? Adrien's mind was swirling with thoughts he didn't even realize that he was called on in potions.

   "Mr. Agreste. Mr. Agreste!" Professor Mendeleiev shouted. She hit her wand against her desk to get his attention. Some of the Slytherins snickered.

   "Sorry Professor, can you repeat the question?" Adrien asked, his face reddening.

   "Since you can't understand the first question I should give you a new one. What are the uses of Mandrake leaves?" Nino made a face beside him.

   "Professor, you don't really expect us to know that? Do you?" Nino asked in shock. She didn't reply but continued to glare at a flabbergasted Adrien.

   "They- uh- heal..... the soul...?" Once again the Slytherins snickered at his response.

   "10 points from Gryffindor. If your mind is somewhere else in my class again Mr. Agreste it will be detention for you." He did not take her threat lightly. He tried his best to pay attention but he kept thinking about all that has happened in the past 23 hours. His father, Hawkmoth, ladybug, and... what was the other thing...

   "-drien!" Marinette yelled from behind him. He jumped as her voice pulled him from his thoughts. He turned around swiftly. "Are you okay? I didn't mean to startle you but you seem kinda out of it today. Is it about the..." Her voice trailed off but Adrien knew what she was talking about. The letter. She flashed a comforting smile in his direction. "Anyway we gotta go. Now. To practice." Adrien's eyes bulged from his head. Quidditch! That's what he was forgetting!

   "I knew I was forgetting something! C'mon we gotta go!" Adrien grabbed her hand and ran out the classroom door, dragging her with him.

   "A-Adrien!" She called out from behind. "Slow down!" His feet skidded to a halt at the door to the courtyard.

"Right. Sorry." Adrien said, releasing her hand. His hand was cold, like his shoulder earlier. He didn't linger long on the thought. When they stepped outside Adrien had an adrenaline rush as they saw the quidditch pitch. He saw the brooms zoom across the sky. For the first time in a while, he smiled from excitement and joy. Ecstatic was an understatement. Adrien once again started running, leaving Marinette in the dust. He heard Marinette struggling to catch up to him but that didn't slow him down. He had a mission. To get to the quidditch post.

• • •

Nino frowned from the courtyard. He held a letter in his hands. A quill was used to write it. Muggles don't use quills. It was written by a wizard. Not just any wizard. The paper smelt rich. Like money. He crumpled it up and sat down on the ground. Nino felt a rage like no other. As he read that letter, that degrading, cruel letter, it was like a brick was thrown at his face. Then, Nino felt something come over him. He was watching himself move but it wasn't him. The rage was gone and replaced with numbness.

• • •

Adrien felt the wind in his hair as he flew. It was a relaxing feeling. All of his stress was left on the ground. His father, Chloe, Hawkmoth, all of it. He saw Marinette practicing diving for the snitch as he chased the quaffle. He watched her shout in victory when she caught it mid flight. He saw one of their fellow teammates get the quaffle into a hoop. From the looks of it they'll have a strong team. The Gryffindor team flew down to regroup with their captain when they saw a blinding light come in their direction. The players swerved in all directions trying to dodge it. Adrien flew behind the bleachers trying to avoid his fellow players. He landed and immediately freaked out.

"Crap! I need to get to my room, get to Plagg! It's another Imperio victim!" Adrien said to himself getting ready to run inside. He heard an annoyed meow from behind. Adrien looked and saw Plagg waiting there. He raised his eyebrows in shock of the cat waiting there. If Plagg could roll his eyes he would of.

"I'm magic, remember. C'mon kid just do your transformation kiddo and let's go." Plagg said.

"Right. Plagg claws out!"

1267 words