Chapter 23

"Adrien! Watch o-" The bluenette attempted to yell at the blonde. But it was too late. There he stood. Covered in flour. Marinette attempted to stifle a laugh but she couldn't. Adrien stood and faked an angry face at her. He couldn't pretend for long for he was laughing too.

   "How! How are you a wizard Marinette? You're literally the biggest klutz." Adrien said in between laughs. She swatted at his arm. "Hey!" He looked around the room planning his revenge. The teen smirked when he came up with it. Marinette pulled herself together and got Adrien some towels to clean up with. After she cleaned the area the two continued cooking. Marinette was kneading the dough when she felt warmth behind her.

   "Adrien what are you doing..." She said as she turned around to face him. He placed his hand on the counter trailing her under him. "Adrien?" She whispered, her heart pounding out of her chest from the close proximity. He slowly leaned down until they were inches apart. Marinate's face turned red as she thought of what could come next-

   SPLAT

   Adrien Agreste has smashed an egg onto her head. Marinette gasped in shock and glared at him as he snickered.

   "What was that for?" Marinette yelled at him. He just laughed in response. "Oh, it's on Agreste!"

   "Oh yeah? What are you gonna do Dupain-Cheng." Adrien mocked her, sticking his tongue out and making a face. Marinette grabbed the milk and poured it on his head. Adrien's eyes widen at the sudden gesture. The two went on, having a full food fight in the kitchen, yelling and laughing. They didn't even notice her parents in the corridor smiling at pair.

   "Oh lovebirds! Maybe you should stop while your father is still willing to wave his wand and clean up for you. The teenagers immediately stopped, faces beet red. Tom laughed at them.

   "You two go on and wash up before dinner. It'll be ready in half an hour." Tom said ushering them out of the kitchen. Marinette and Adrien ran out in embarrassment. Once safely in Marinette's room, they continued laughing at their appearances.

   "Oh my god, Adrien! I can't remember the last time I've laughed that hard!" Marinette giggled, flopping onto her bed. Adrien followed suit.

   "What about the time Nino was trying to flirt with Alya, and despite her knowing his feelings and returning them, messed with him by playing dumb and having him describe why he is saying that to her!" Adrien laughed some more at the memory. Marinette looked at where they were. Laying together, on her bed, alone, in her bedroom. She quickly jumped up in reaction to this.

   "I'll be right back, just gonna wash some egg out of my hair," Marinette said, grabbing a fresh shirt and practically tripping out of the door. Adrien sat up confused at her sudden departure before he too realized where they were and smirked. He stood up and wandered her childhood bedroom. He saw pictures of her and Alya, along with some other people he didn't recognize. He picked up a book that he saw on her table and began to laugh at it.

"What? What's so funny?" Marinette said walking into the room. She changed into a red Christmas shirt and was drying her hair with a towel. Adrien gaped at her.

"Your hair... it's down. I've never seen it down before." Adrien said softly. Marinette had a faint blush which turned redder as he continued. "It looks pretty bugganette. You should have it down more often." Adrien turned his back to her and picked up the book he was examining. "You see I was laughing at this." Adrien held up the book. "Twilight? Really? I expect more from you." Marinette scrunched you her face.

"Puh-lease, watch yourself Agreste. What's your favorite show again? Sailor Moon? I'd say they're about equal." Marinette raised her eyebrows. "You should also clean that," she motioned you his face with her hand, "before dinner." He laughed before heading to the bathroom. After Marinette was sure he was gone she collapsed onto the bed and sighed. She was just where she was back in September. Pining after Adrien. Luka was simply a distraction from that, Marinette knew in her heart that it was only a temporary fix. She already missed Alya's advice but then she remembered someone could help her. Marinette quickly made her way to where Tikki and Plagg were and motioned Tikki to follow her. The owl flew quickly onto the perch in her room.