Chapter 2: Survival of the fittest

Patience's POV

Wow, who knew that surviving in the woods was so hard? Usually, it was shown to be really easy. It's been a few days, I think, since I fell down here. Sans keeps me updated on every day events and brings me food and water when he has a break. He's the nicest skeleton I've ever met... ...and the only one that I've ever met. Anyways, he told me that the so-called 'Dreemurrs' gave up on finding me. I was about to leave when I saw another human exit the house.

They seemed to be wearing a bandana with muscles drawn on it and a tough-looking glove. I hid behind a tree and waved my hand to get their attention. "Huh?! Who's there?! Show yourself!!" They yelled. I got out of hiding and faced them. "Hello, my name is-" I started to say. Maybe instead of giving them my real name, I could give them the name that 'Asriel' gave me. "Patience. My name is Patience." I said, then extended a hand for them. "Is that how we are going to refer to each other? By using our SOUL types as names? Then, my name is Bravery." Bravery said, then shook my hand. "Nice to meet you, Bravery. Now tell me, how did you manage to get past the big goat monsters?" I asked. "I just told them that I wanted to explore." Bravery said. "....oh." I said, mentally facepalming myself. "Well, come explore with me. Unless you're a coward." Bravery said. "I'm not a coward!! I'll show you!!" I said, then grabbed Bravery's hand and dragged them away.

After a while, Sans teleported to his usual spot to check on Patience, only to find that they had left. Once he looked around, he saw Patience with another human. He then calmed down, noted to keep an eye on both of them without getting caught, and teleported back to the Lab to help Papyrus recover.

Chara's POV

Man, after a while, the void gets really boring. I mean, at least now I have a bunch of pets. Or that's what I call them. They probably think that I'm the leader of their pack or something, because the leader attacked me and I defeated him. How cool, I now have my own void creature army. Nice, now I have something to brag about. I went to explore the void again a few hours ago and I found the author. And I've got to say, I was being a bit harsh towards them. They're actually a pretty nice person. Sure, they might not be the best writer out there, but they can write. I'm sorry, author. (It's okay.)

Now that I think about it, this is just the author talking to themselves, I think. Well, I read somewhere that talking to yourself makes you smarter, but I don't think so. Also, I guess talking to yourself is part and parcel of being a writer. Y'know, you have to think of the characters' dialogue and interactions and stuff.

Anyways, now that I think about it, again, I really miss mom, dad and Asriel. I hope they haven't forgotten about me... I'll try and figure out a way to get out. Sure, the void is cool and all, but now, I want to go back with them.

3rd Person POV

Patience and Bravery had arrived at Snowdin Town. It was really beautiful to them, even if Bravery found the Christmas Tree a bit weird. "I'm starving..." Patience said. Bravery pointed at the SHOP sign. "Wait here, I'll go get you something.." Bravery said, then ran into the shop. "Hello, traveller. How may I help you?" The shopkeeper said, not caring that the 'traveller' is a human. "I'd like to see what you are selling..." Bravery said. "Well, I have some Bicicles for 15G, and some Cinnamon Buns for 25G. The Cinnamon Buns are a family recipe." The shopkeeper said. "...G?" Bravery asked. "It stands for Gold. Do you perhaps not have any G?" The shopkeeper asked Bravery. "I... have 1 dollar." Bravery said. "Sorry, I do not accept foreign currency." The shopkeeper said. "W-Well, I can trade you this manly bandana and this tough-looking glove for a few Cinnamon Buns..." Bravery said, getting desperate. "Hmm... Alright, hand them over." The shopkeeper said, and then the trade happened. "Come again sometime!" The shopkeeper said while Bravery left with the Cinnamon Buns.

"Finally, you returned. It felt like an eternity waiting for you out in the snow." Patience said, losing their patience (Can we just admire this sentence for a little bit?) . "I'm sorry for being late. Here, have this." Bravery apologized, then gave Patience a Cinnamon Bun.

And so, the humans continued their journey, not caring about the next human that would fall.

Gaster's POV

I decided to take a break and go to my house in Snowdin Town to relax. But then, I spotted them. 2 humans. I'll need their SOULs for my plan to work. I decided to sneakily kill them instead of going for a direct attack. I do not want to ruin my reputation of Royal Scientist. I'll finally get to test my new creation, the Gaster Blaster. But, I'll have to find a good spot to kill the humans, or else a part of the Underground might collapse onto monster civilization.

What a time to be alive.

3rd Person POV, following the Dreemurrs

"My child, have you seen your new friend?" Toriel asked Asriel. "No, mom, I haven't. They still haven't returned from their 'walk'." Asriel said, then went back to his coloring book. "Strange... Gorey, can you please send the Royal Guard to check on our son's new friend?" Toriel asked. They were about to give Bravery a new name but Bravery left before the Dreemurrs could do that. "Of course, dear." Asgore said, then phoned the leader of the Royal Guard, Undyne. "Undyne, can you please keep an eye out for any humans? 2 of them have gone missing and we need to find them before any harm comes their way." Asgore said through his ancient Motorola DynaTAC (You can look it up, it's a phone.) . "Of course, Asgore." Undyne said, then ended the call and rushed out of her house, completely dressed up and wearing her armor.

I just hope that the humans don't get scared of the armor or anything.

(You guys should be happy that I'm writing these random af things at the end of chapters.)

((I sometimes write some important information in here.))

(((If these didn't exist, there would be 50+ chapters that are just A/Ns in all of my books.)))

(Please tell me if there are any mistakes. Spelling mistakes = Will be fixed immediately. Plot-holes = Will try to fix them in the next chapter.)