Chapter 13: On the way back

Asriel rushed back to the CORE, with the help of Frisk giving him more power so he could run faster. Eventually, he managed to reach Frisk's body on time. There were some mysterious mercenaries poking Frisk's body with a stick, but Asriel shoo'ed them away. 'Now, let's see...' Asriel said, then placed his hand right on Frisk's chest. Asriel suddenly felt himself getting weaker and turning back into his child self. "Did it work?" Asriel asked, then started shaking Frisk. "Frisk...?" Asriel asked, still shaking Frisk. No response. Asriel started to lose hope at that point. 'Maybe if I wait a few minutes...?' Asriel thought, and sat beside Frisk.

1 minute...

2 minutes...

5 minutes...

...

Eventually, Frisk started to twitch a bit. Asriel took notice of that and calmed down a bit. "It's okay, Frisk. I can wait. Take your time." Asriel said, not wanting to rush his last-remaining friend. Eventually, Frisk was able to get up. He was walking a bit weird for a minute or so, but after a while, he was perfectly fine. "So, uh, Frisk, how are we going to reach New Home now?" Asriel asked. "Do you want to leap towards the other side of the path?" Frisk asked. "N-No!! That's dangerous!!" Asriel immediately said, trying to get Frisk to find a different way. Frisk looked around the CORE, trying to locate an alternate path. "Well, sorry Asriel, but it's the only way." Frisk said. "I'll be going, tell me when you change your mind." Frisk added, then leaped towards the other side of the path, barely making it. "I-I'll go home..." Asriel said. "Alright." Frisk simply said, then continued alone.

Frisk passed by a few things, including a stage, which seemed to be a work-in-progress. After that stage, the path ended, but luckily, there was a conveniently placed elevator at the end of the path. Frisk took the elevator, only to see that there were only 2 buttons, one labeled 'The Capital' and the other labeled 'The CORE'. Frisk pressed the button labeled 'The Capital', and patiently waited as the elevator slowly took him to the Capital. While he was waiting, he started to think about that person in the black room again. He was too deep into thought to realize that he had arrived at the Capital. After a while, Frisk got out of the elevator and looked around the Capital. It seemed really gray to him. As if it was devoid of any color. It seemed strange to him, because the rest of the Underground followed a specific theme and each area was colored differently, but this area is only gray. Frisk continued walking down the gray path until eventually, he reached a gray house. There was a sign on top of the door which read:

New Home

There he was. Frisk had finally reached New Home, the place that he wanted to reach, after all. Frisk walked around New Home, inspecting basically everything, from the pictures, to the furniture. Still, more smudged pictures and destroyed drawings. Frisk kept the destroyed drawings with him, so he could continue his investigation back at Home. Frisk wanted to continue down the staircase that was in New Home as well, but it was blocked off by a chain with 2 locks. Frisk couldn't find the keys anywhere, jumping over the railing wouldn't be really practical and jumping over the chain could be classified as trespassing, so he just slowly walked all the way back to the elevator, pressing the button labeled 'The CORE', and slowly made his way back to Home.

[Meanwhile...]

Asriel had finally returned Home, only to be greeted by an angry Toriel. "Asriel Dreemurr, where have you been?!" Toriel asked. "I was out on a walk with Frisk. Did you not read the note that I left?" Asriel asked. "What note?! I only saw my children gone!" Toriel said. Asriel then realized that leaving a sticky note on a huge door made out of stone isn't really the best idea. "Uh..." Asriel said. "You better start explaining, young man! Also, you and Frisk are both grounded for a month!" Toriel said, pulling Asriel by the ear. "I'm sorry!!" Asriel said, in pain. "Uh, dear, could you please be a little more gentle with them? They're just kids, after all-" Asgore said, but got cut off by Toriel yelling at him.

Chara's POV (There she is.)

Well then.

That was...

Interesting.

I noticed some changes.

Maybe he's good now...

I still don't trust him that much.

Luckily, he cannot interact with me.

I can relax.

He can't hurt my precious pets as well.

If he did...

He wouldn't see the light of day ever again.

Man, I've bonded a lot with something that once tried to kill me.

How strange.

I also feel different now.

Like I've gained back my lost sanity.

Huh.

How nice.

[Meanwhile, again...]

3rd Person POV

"Let me out, you fools!" Gaster yelled from inside his prison cell. "Undyne's orders state that you stay in there until the king shows up." Royal Guard 03 said. "Shut up, you feathery fool, and let me out!!" Gaster said. Royal Guard 04 turned around and pointed his javelin at Gaster. "Silence." Royal Guard 04 said, being famous for not speaking a lot. "Shut up, you filthy cat!" Gaster said, then continued to yell at the Royal Guards. Royal Guard 03 grabbed Royal Guard 04's shoulder and said to him "Calm down, if we keep giving him attention, he'll continue.". Royal Guard 04 just smiled and nodded, pointing the javelin upwards again and returning to his position right in front of the prison cell. (Not to be confused with the cut enemies called Royal Guard 03 and Royal Guard 04.)

And so, the Royal Guards waited, while Gaster continued complaining.

(Plot-holesssssssss.....)

((Hmm...))

(((I have no idea what to put here.)))

( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )