Chapter 2

"Grandpa and Grandma did this before the official Mafia even formed. What were they thinking?!" I ask, my parents hugging me.
"I don't know. Don't let them hurt you, stay strong. They can't do anything to you as long as you don't give them any reason to. I love you my sweet," my mom and dad hug me hard.
"I love you sis. Beat up some bad guys, okay? You are gonna join the Mafia, right?" My brother tells me.
"I will, behave. Take care of y/Sister/n. I will be back in 3 years," he nods.
"Bye!!!" She waved at me. I wave back.
"I'm so sorry," my aunt says.
"It's okay, you didn't do anything," she half smiles.
"I had to protect my husband," my smile disappears from my face.
"Aunt Marley? What do you mean by that?" I ask. Suddenly, a guard starts pulling me. "Aunt Marley? Wait!!!! Stop, I need to ask her! aunt Marley!!!" I yell and protest but the single guard shoves me into the helicopter and I find myself sitting next to the boss.
I look outside, at the fading view of my family, and the traitorous witch who outed us. I didn't even know her that long, but why am I so sad? I feel numb. I look outside and see the view. It was just like an airplane, except more clear. I feel a burning sensation on my skin as hot tears pour down my cheek. I don't try to wipe them away, I just stare at the view.
"Here," the boss hands me a handkerchief.
"No thank you," I fake a smile because he's just showing pity.
"Take it," he puts it in my face this time.
"I told you no! I don't want to," I suddenly am aware of the guards sitting in the back. They are staring at us and I feel the glares burning the back of my head.
"I know how you feel right now. You were betrayed by someone you thought you could trust. But what do you do? Hiding the pain is just gonna make you sadder in the end. Just have a good cry and let it all out. You can be at ease with me," I suddenly have a heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I feel obligated to tell him about my problems.

"What's your name?" I ask.
"Sorry, what?" I roll my eyes at his inability to understand a simple question.
"What is your name? What do you go by? What can I call you?" I ask.
"Oh, Boss is fine," he adjusts his collar.
"You can't be serious," I get his attention again.
"A first name? What do your friends call you?" I ask.
"Boss. I don't get it. What are you looking for?" He asks me. I slap my forehead.
"My name is y/n. Your turn," he smiles a little bit.
"Oh! No one has called me by my first name except for my friends in the other tribes! Just call me Jimin," I smile genuinely for the first time in a long time.
"Jimin. I like it," I smile a bit and stare back outside.
"Seoul is a beautiful city, isn't it? Don't worry, I'll take you out on walks everyday," I laugh at his childish nature.
"I'm not a pet, you know? I'm a person, I can do that by myself but since you offered..." Jimin puts his sunglasses back on.
"I promise I won't be like the others. I won't abuse you or torture you in any way. I'm trying not to be my dad. He was known as the most cruelest Mafia boss/ Tribe leader to walk the planet. You're lucky it was me who found your family first. But my dad stepped down a long time ago," I look at his forehead wrinkles.

"What happened to your dad?" I ask.
"He quit. He found a new wife, so he gave me his job. I hope I never turn out like him," I could see the darkness in his eyes through the glass.
"Oh, I'm sorry...." I put my head down a little bit. After a little while, we reach a mansion.
"I'll take you to your room, just follow me. Guards, at ease," the men immediately disperse and I follow Jimin to my new bedroom. He takes me down a hallway filled with chandeliers and red carpeting, with diamond ceilings and gold wallpaper.
"Here it is," I gasp and see the purple walls with a canopy and diamond wallpaper along with expensive bedspreads and couches along with a vanity. There's also a bathroom!
"I love it! Now where is my roommate?" I ask.
"What are you talking about? This is your own room. Just for you," I sink into the mattress.
"Thank you Jimin!!!! I think I might actually enjoy the 3 years here with you," he smirks.
"I have to be somewhere else but here is a Phone, I have my number on here so just keep it with you at all times. I'll be back in half an hour," he leaves quickly. I just sink into the mattress. I notice I didn't take any clothes with me so all I have is a watch. I go to what looks like a closet. I open it to find an assortment of different outfits ranging from ball gowns to oversized tshirts. I immediately grab what looks most appealing to me: a pair of shorts and a white top with some Korean writing on it that reads "tear." I put on a pair of flip flops and I decide to look out my window. I open the giant curtains to reveal a beautiful scene, with trees and green hedges. I see a very clean-cut lawn and I just take a moment to breathe it all in. I'm done. I walk to the door and when I open it, I am greeted up a random lady holding a tray.
"Yah!!!" I yell, half-scared to death.
"Hello Ms. Y/last/name. I am Vera, your personal maid. Boss hired me to take care of your daily needs, please let me feed you," I back away slowly at the sight of the creepy lady smiling at me. She's wearing an oversized dress with standard maid wear. And "Boss?" Geez, he really wasn't kidding when he said that he never had anyone else call him by his first name.
"I-it's okay. I can feed myself so don't bother," I take the tray from her hands and I set it on the coffee table.
"No! You are Master's captive so you must be looked after 24/7. You cannot be alone at anytime," I look around the room.
"But I was alone or the past half hour," I say.
"That is not correct. We have cameras installed everywhere except the bathroom. You are being watched. My human presence is needed to make you feel comfortable," she sits on the bed as she speaks.

"Incorrect," I hear another voice as a tall woman walks in. She has gray hair and unlike Vera, she looks very old. They both look like they walked out of the nineteenth century and I suddenly feel underdressed in my simple outfit.
"You must not make any hostages feel "comfortable" if anything, you should treat her like she works for you," the lady snaps in a strict and professional voice. I hate her already.
"But the boss said–"
"I don't care what that boy said. You will listen to me. We do things according to tradition and I intend to run things like how it was when his father was in charge. All of his hostages were treated the same way and there is no reason that this one should be any different," I roll my eyes and rub my head. "Ugh, it looks more like his sister's bedchamber rather than a hostage's interrogation suite," she picks up a pillow and throws it off of the bed. "There's a start. You can sleep on the floor tonight," I finally burst with anger.
"No! I refuse to be stripped of my basic human rights. I was seperated from my family to come to this?! I didn't ask for this. It's stupid that I'm being treated like a slave. You can't do this, Jimin said he would protect me," the older woman laughs in amusement.
"Protect you? That is the funniest thing I have heard. Usually they say that to make you feel secure. The truth is, you are thrown in a cage with a toilet, a mattress, and a sink with food given to you at certain times of the day and the area will be surrounded by guards," I freeze. She's got to be lying. Why would Jimin bring me to this room and tell me that it belongs to me when he's just gonna throw me into a cell? "One more thing....you will call him your Boss. He is not to be addressed by his first name–ever. Things will run exactly how they did back in the day. Meaning you will be put to work. You work to pay off debt,"

I start tearing up. I hate my life. What did I do to be born into a family of cheaters? And why did my grandparents spend 1.2 million dollars? Where did the money go? These are all the questions running through my head.
"Stop, you will make her cry," Vera responds robotically, and she seems to show no sympathy for me.
"No! I am your boss, so you will leave right now! Chop chop!"
"But your boss is my technical boss so I cannot disobey his instructions: I am her personal maid," she bluntly tells the old crone.
"You make me so mad! Just leave and let me take care of her, the proper way," Vera immediately runs out of the room and leaves me alone with the wicked witch. I won't let her get to me.

We dance around the table and then she takes a whip out of her pocket! She starts hitting objects and breaking things and I cover my head and silently endure it. And then, she hits the snow globe that my parents got for me when I was 3.
"No!" I scream and dive to the floor to catch it. I catch it.
Drip.
Drip.
Drip.
My legs feel like they are on fire.
Drop.
Drop.
Drop.
I see shards of glass from the broken lamp lying on the floor. The lightbulb has rolled out, unscathed.

Then, as the air escapes my throat, I scream.