Chapter 10

"Jimin!" I try wiping my tears but they don't stop falling. I look back at the mirror, to find that my own reflection is staring back at me. Maybe it was a hallucination after all. "Why are you here?" I ask the man, and he turns to me.

"I forgot my wallet," he explains as he kneels down and is at eye level with me. "Why are you crying?" He asks me.
"I-I wasn't crying," I wipe my eyes until they are left dry, and red.

"Don't lie to me. Why were you crying?" He asks me in a serious tone.
"I saw Maleficent," I confess, holding back the tears.
"What, where?! Impossible, she's with my dad in another location," he says, slightly annoyed.
"She said she had a device that let her speak to me, they were testing it out on me. But that's beside the point! She told me that I was nothing but a mere toy to you. Is that true Jimin?! Is that why you just decided to leave me alone in this big empty house?" I yell at him. He has a look of shock and confusion on his face.
"No, why would you think that? I had to leave for work, and my dad has been stressing me out lately. I'm sorry if it came off like that, but please don't scare me like that," Jimin softly tells me.

"I was so scared. I thought she was right. We just met a few days ago, I don't know you yet!" I explain, earning a glare from Jimin.
"If that's how you feel, then I guess you can't trust me," he turns away. "Are we done here?" He asks.
"Just leave. At least you cleared that up. Things aren't very easy for me, either. I may not be a Mafia leader, but I am a daughter to two parents who are probably worried sick about me. I was practically kidnapped for something I didn't even do. I think I'm done trying to make light of the situation. I'll stay out of your way, "Boss," if that's how you like things."
"Good."

For the next few hours, I don't hear a word from him. Instead, I spend most of my time in the garden, smelling the roses. I head to the kitchen and figure out how to make some tea and then I sit outside.
"What a beautiful house," I talk to a squirrel nearby. "It's so empty though," I sip my tea. Maybe I was too harsh on Jimin. He's just busy. But after that argument, I'm not sure if it's just that. Who knows? He might be home but completely avoiding me.

Hours turn into days. The only food I've had is whatever magically appears on the table when I enter the dining room and water that is on a cart outside of my room. The physical therapist visited during my two-day time period and I can walk again, slowly with a cane.
"How's the boss?" He asks.
"I don't know," I reply.
"Hm. Interesting,"

I'm starting to forget him, the man who kidnapped me in the first place. I think he was handsome, I can't remember? And my birthday is in 3 days too, if I remember correctly. I feel as if I'm a wife who is left at home by her husband all the time. At first, we were nearly inseparable, but as time went by, we became distant, and lost all the love we had for each other. Not that I loved him or anything, he was just a stranger to me.

Another day passes and I finally see him again. He looks different this time, though. His hair is ruffled, his clothes have wrinkles and are dirty, his eyes look as if he hasn't slept for days.
"Jimin?" I slowly speak. (The first human besides the doctor who I can speak to)
"Y/n. I'm so sor—" I run and give him a hug. My legs are miraculously back to normal, when I was having trouble walking with the cane.
"Shut up. Just let me hug you. I haven't seen you in a while," I demand. Somehow, he still smells good and I even see a (small) beard growing on his chin.
He returns the hug and then holds my waist when I pull back.
"You can walk now! I trust the doctor knew what he was doing," I nod and laugh a bit.
"Yeah, I would hope so. I couldn't run until I saw you, so thank you," I now, and Jimin shakes his hands.

"Don't do that, you're fine. I have so much to tell you but first, let's eat!"

__________________
A/N: Sorry for the short chapter but it's worth the wait ;)

Word count: 799