Chapter 15

"Unfortunately, it is not "outside" outside," he explains. He leads me to a different corner of the house. I see a blue door. I look at him in worry.
"Don't be scared, open it!" He tells me.
I open the door to reveal a setup.
It's the backyard of Aunt Marley's house.
"Oh my gosh..." I start tearing up.
"Surprise! Happy Birthday, Y/n," I smile and hug him.
"Thank you. This is the best birthday surprise I could get," I cry into his shoulder and hold onto him tighter. I've never had such a dear friend who would do this for me.
"It's fine, you're my friend. It's the least I can do for you," he tells me. He pats my back and I break the hug.
"Wait, what did you just say?" I ask.
"You're my friend,"
"Not hostage? Do you really mean it?" He nods.

"In technical terms, you are my hostage, but I consider you a friend,"
"Thanks," I say, happy that he finally accepted me. "You know, friends don't abandon each other when times get tough. If you're feeling down because of another national crisis, just let me know and I'll help you take your mind off of it, even if it's just for a little while," Jimin gives me a heartwarming smile.
"I would like that," he tucks my hair behind my ear. I look at how anxious he looks. "But let's make this about you. It's your birthday. How old are you?" He asks me.
"I'm 17 today," I answer.
"Wow," He replies.
"I know. I'm not with my parents, which is a downside to this whole thing. I wish I can at least call my mother," Jimin looks away, with a guilt-stricken face.

"Please don't be sad, I'm happier here anyway," I say. Jimin gives me a look of confusion. "This is actually the longest that I've stayed in one place. This is also the first time I have stayed away my parents for so long," I drink some water.
"That's crazy. Have you never gone outside by yourself? Not even with friends?" I shake my head. "Let's make a video," he holds out his hand and then tells me to say a bunch of lines in a certain tone. I say everything like he told me to, and then at the end, he starts typing on his laptop.

"I want CAaaaaake," I whine. I've never gone a single birthday without cake before and I'm not starting now.
"You'll get it, just watch this video first," he shows me. "This is a mini movie," he explains.
"I know what a movie is," I scoff. "Maybe," I add.
"Wow, my acting is terrible," we both laugh and then he has a servant bring out a large cake.

I'm about to dip my finger in when Jimin screams: "EH UH AH UH UGH!"
"What was that?" I ask.
"Don't eat it. You, taste the frosting," Jimin tells a guard.
"I'm not saying there is poison, but what if he died?" I start. The guy immediately starts choking and we catch him.
"You were saying?" He makes a "told ya so" face and then the guy is taken by a random emergency team on scene. I shrug. I guess Jimin is prepared.

"There's a spy in the kitchen. I'm going to kill them when I find them," Jimin rolls up his sleeves and I walk behind him, barely keeping up.
"Jimin, maybe you should rethink—"

Too late. Jimin walks right into the kitchen and gets on a worker's case.
"Is it you?" He asks intimidatingly and the woman frowns and says no.
"Is it you?!" He screams around the room to different workers as I facepalm my head every time. Immediately, a guy starts running.
"After him!" Jimin and the remaining guard corner him.
"Please...I did it for money, for my family," he begs.
"Consider yourself fired," Jimin pulls out a gun and shoots him without hesitating. I drop to my knees and scream.