Chapter 7

The place is scary. At first, I thought I was imagining things but I then I realize that there are actual people in cages and they look like they are trying to kill us. Each cell is heavily armed with up to four guards in a cell with them, and even though there are video cameras and restraints, seeing them up close is still scary as hell.
"You don't have to look if you feel uncomfortable," Jimin softly whispers in my ear.
"No, I can handle it. I asked to be in here, after all," I shift in my wheelchair, as he pushes me down the hall with maniacs pressing their faces against the glass of the cells. (It's like a glass prison with a metal cage surrounding them and unbreakable glass so if they tried banging their head against the glass it wouldn't break)

"Is this place in your house?" I ask him. He chuckles lightly and then has a serious voice.
"Yes, but it's underground so no. You probably didn't know this, but we actually teleported. The moment I pushed you through those doors, we were already here," My mind tries to grasp the knowledge.
"Wow...." Is all I say. Jin has already beat us to the place and it is literally a creepy (tiny) table with a single lamp swinging above it. There are men standing around us in a circle, keeping a close eye on us.
"Now you get to choose who goes. You have to choose 8 people. Here are their files," I notice that there is a laptop and a folder on the table. Jin opens up the folder and grabs a file. "First contestant, his name is Wealing Shauhamer. He is a gambler, drug dealer, and a murderer. He has also landed himself in jail a couple times. He was known for making threats to our organization numerous times. He's confessed to murder and he definatly deserves to die," Jin explains. I sit quietly and watch the scene unfold as I see Jimin in action.
"Maybe. But I'll have to see him first to know whether he should keep living or not," He says. What a quick response!
"Next it's Lisa Pellar. She is a known murderess, prostitute, and hates my tribe the most," Jin takes out another file and shows it to us.
"Are you sure it's not a personal thing?" Jimin scoffs. I gulp down a laugh and wait for an answer. "I don't know. I'll know it when I see her," he responds after thinking.
"Okay, we'll do the same thing, just six more times," Jin explains. Oh boy.

The actual execution was kinda disappointing. Three people got switched out with even worse people and I watched them get strung up on a noose and die immediately. The death was so fast, that I didn't even see it properly.
"That sucked," I voice my feelings to Jimin and Jin.
"It's a fast paced exectution. We had to get rid of those people as fast as we could. We don't have all day, okay? Today was supposed to be my off day but work came up. I'm sorry," I shake my head.
"No way, I understand. Just do your job. The nation would be in pieces if you didn't," Jimin gives me a slight smirk. I don't think I've seen a real and genuine smile from him, just smirks so far. Maybe a couple smiles, but mostly mischievous smirks.

"Let me take you away from here. Hey hyung, hang out with us," Jimin calls him.
"Thanks for inviting me, but I have to hold up your job so have a nice day off. I will be taking of things here. Go back to your house," Jimin wheels me back into the house via magic door and I am suddenly back at the familiar room.
"Where will we go now?" I ask.
"Is there anything in particular that you'd like? Except for letting you go, I think I can grant any wish for you," Oh cool, I have a personal genie.

"I wish I had something sweet to eat," I close my eyes and count to ten out loud for my wish to be granted. I hear a lot of footsteps and then when I open my eyes, there is a table in front of us filled with all sorts of desserts! Cakes, cake pops, ice cream (all different flavors), fruits, and a chocolate fountain.
"You did all of this in ten seconds?!" I ask, completely astonished.
"Think again. You've been counting till ten for 4 and a half minutes so we had a lot of time,"
"Where do you get the time?" I ask.
"A genie never reveals his magical power source," he holds a serious face. I burst out laughing.
"What does that even mean?!" I ask.
"Let's eat!" I wheel towards the table and dig in. A few minutes in, my face is covered in chocolate.
"My, my, what happened to you?" I hear a familiar voice.
"Get back, you monster. I'll have you thrown into one of our jails soon enough," Jimin has a sharp tone in his voice. Even though it wasn't directed at me, I felt a great urge to obey the order.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Is that anyway to talk to your new future stepmother?"