Chapter 16

"Why did you kill him?!" I ask, shaking his collar. I didn't care about who is in the room, but the people leave as I am literally trying to strangle their boss.
"...."
"I know you have a heart, why didn't you hesitate before firing the gun?" I start sobbing. "That guy had a family....he did poisoned my food because he had no other choice," I cry. I hit his chest, and he lets me.
"That's what they all say," Jimin says suddenly.
"What?"

"It's happened before. That's why I didn't even bat an eye. Once a woman said that, and she ended up trying to blow me up. She was a suicide bomber who was probably sent in by the enemy and she came in to be interviewed for a new position. Luckily, a man with good intuition picked up that something was wrong. She made a wrong move and ended up exposing her back a bit, and he saw the timer ticking down. I gave him a signal and he injected the bomb with a virus, causing it to stop. The woman said sorry, we put her in our "special" jail and she became insane in 48 hours, to the point of which we killed her. I didn't kill her with my bare hands, but there have been a few other people like her who try to kill me or my men and I kill them first. "Family" is just an excuse. That guy was killed because he lied,"

My eyes widen. I don't know what to think. The man was clearly scared, afraid, he didn't mean to do what he did.
"But that man was truly scared. He didn't want to poison me," Jimin turns around and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Y/n, you have a great sense of justice and I respect that, but I simply couldn't forgive myself if something happened to you. I promised your parents that I'd protect you. After everything that happened with M....as of right now, you are my top priority," he pulls me closer to him, our noses are inches apart and our lips are barely touching.
"Your life is far more valuable to me than anyone else's right now,"

And then I do the unthinkable.

.

.

.

I hug him.

We stay like that for a minute, but time passes and we break the hug. We stay in a weird position where we are half hugging and making eye contact. I find myself slowly leaning in, the same as Jimin, and just as I close my eyes I hear a cough from behind us.

"Yeeeee!" I yelp.
"Agh, mom....what are you doing here?" He asks in complete annoyance. My mood matches his as I pretend nothing happened and then I realize that I am holding his hand. I softly yank my hand out of his grasp, (even though I don't want to) and look at the lady really awkwardly. She's standing there with her arms crossed.

"I knew something like this would happen. It always does, at family reunions or birthday parties. I was curious since I saw a date marked on your e-calendar available on your computer," she giggles at the end of her statement.
"MOM!" Jimin yells in embarressment.
"What? You have an office because we allowed you to set it up. Your father and I are rarely home because you are an adult who can take care of yourself, but mostly because of work. Also, I can see the things on your computer, I'm your mother," she boops his nose, and I cup my hands around my nose and mouth, it's just too funny!

"Please don't go through my computer ever again," he growls.
"Okay, now that I see you and our guest is fine, I'll be off on my way. Oh, and I'll be hiring a new staff. Your other staff sucks. I'll also have a taste tester," she tells Jimin. Before she leaves, she turns to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Y/n, I care about you and your future. You have to live, so for the sake of all of us, you must be protected at all costs. You may think that you are just a hostage, but as of right now, your net worth is over $1.2 million,"

"What?"