Chapter 11

I don't know what his game is. He leaves me for days and then after casually bumping into me he invites me to eat lunch with him? Talk about suspicious. I eye him suspiciously.
"How was your day?" He asks me, after stuffing his face.
"Okay...I guess," he nods, and doesn't even make eye contact with me. He just has a slight upward curve at the corners of his mouth.
"I can't do this anymore," I stand up and push my plate aside. Jimin looks up with a frown.
"Aish, Don't take it out on the food," he scolds me.
"Stop acting like my grandpa! I am so freakin' done with the way you've been treating me. Jimin, we haven't even spoken to each other in 3 days, tops! Why did you just decide to casually invite me to eat with you when I thought you had abandoned me for good?! I don't understand. It's not fair, and I think Malificent was right, too. You are just a cold hearted Mafia Boss/ Tribe leader," I switch to English in the middle, because I am torn by the anger and sadness I felt towards him.

Notice how I said "felt," I am glad he is speaking to me, but right now, those feelings are coming back.
"Fine, you think I am a cold person? Let's see how you feel when I move you to a "special" guest room. That way, you'll be under survallience 24/7. You'll be protected, and we won't ever see each other again,"
My eyes widen. I feel a sudden chill in the air. He has an aura. A bad vibe.

"But you promised to protect me," I say.

"I know, that's why I'm putting you in an isolation room," he coldly stands up and puts his hands behind his back while walking towards my side of the table. I shake my head.

"You said you would do it yourself. No one else can be trusted," I start feeling dizzy. My eyes feel weird. He is directly behind me now.

"No one but my father," My eyes start tearing up. And this time, he's dead serious.

"What, why? I thought you wanted to be a kinder leader," I explain, and make him listen to my reason without my voice cracking.

"I do, but you are only going to get in the way. I need to do this alone," I let the fat crocodile tears fall down.

"Just take me home," I cry. "I don't wanna stay here. I wanna be treated like family, but you are treating me like a criminal and I don't wanna hurt you. I really like you and I know you are a good person. Please, Jimin. I don't wanna fight," I wipe away the tears when I see his face.

He looks like a literal puppy. He is about to burst into tears as well, and I just hug him. He stays still for a moment, and then sets his arms around my waist to pull me into a passionate embrace.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I promise I'll protect you. Don't worry, I don't know what came over me. I'll take care of you from now on. You are supposed to stay here, remember?" Almost after 5 minutes, he finally whispers in my ears. I break the hug, and still hold onto his sleeves.

"Let's forget about everything," I suggest.
"What?" Jimin asks.
"Let's forget that you are a Tribe leader, that my family is in debt, and about all the stupid responsibilities in our lives. Just come with me, you'll see,"

I pull Jimin to his secret spot in the garden and point at the clouds.
"See? It's perfect. We can just enjoy the view," I look at the twinkling bright stars. It reminds me of how I used to look outside during night and stare at the night sky as a child. Home. I guess Jimin is my new home.

"Did you ever look at the stars when you were a child?" I ask him slowly.
"Yeah, all the time,"
"I always thought the stars were planets," I giggle, earning a laugh from him.
"They are, actually. Some of them, anyway. They are all the same, except the sun. The sun is the biggest in our solar system. Did you know that there are stars bigger than the sun outside of our solar system?"
His eyes light up as he speaks.
"No, please continue,"

Jimin explains more things to me and I slowly start becoming progressively tired.
"Let's stop. You need to get to bed," he picks me up and carries me on his back.
"Thanks," I slowly whisper as he trudges through the house and we eventually reach his room.

Right before I black out, I slowly reach out to him. "Don't leave," I say, grabbing his hand. "Stay,"

I curl up into a ball and what happens for the rest of the night is a complete blur.