Chapter 30

"Yes!!!" I scream, more excited than I imagined. I shoot up off my chair and pull my fiancé up. I don't even care what kind of ring he got me because all I could think of was us. I just kiss him. I kiss him until our lips are cracked. I kiss him until my air runs out. I kiss him till I'm numb. I kiss him like there is no tomorrow, because from now on I am NEVER letting him go.

He kisses back with the same passion.
I pull back a bit after we start kissing more slowly.
"You taste like chocolate. Jimin, did you eat chocolate?" I ask.
"No....I put on some chocolate on the lips. I thought you would kiss me, so I wanted you to taste one of your favorite things," I smile. He quickly goes back to kissing me, a bit more roughly and I can feel his tongue with mine. I mean we have French kissed before, but his tongue never ceases to amaze me (lol that doesn't sound right).
"You taste like strawberries. I guess strawberries and chocolate go together, huh?" He asks. It's a rhetorical question, because I just kiss him back.

*******NEXT DAY*******
So we stayed over at his parents' house. I got a giant ring. The stone looks big and expensive. The ring is gold itself. After picking that up, I was afraid of devouring him as he was also reluctant of us sharing a room (considering our engagement), we got seperate rooms for the night. Across from each other. I wake up and the sun is shining through the curtains. I look at myself in the mirror and realize that I'm getting married to Jimin! We're engaged. I can't wait. I change into a sundress. I see that there is makeup in this room, so attempt to put on makeup. It looks okay? The eyeliner is even, and the lipstick is light but alright. I step out. With confidence and a huge smile I move to the middle of the house. A step in the right direction, I think. My guess was correct-I end up in the room I was in yesterday. The butlers are still where they were standing when Jimin blew down the doors.

"Ah, Miss Y/n. Go down that hallway on your left to the dining hall," he tells me. I nod and walk there. The dining room is much bigger than Jimin's, it could be a ball room. I see his parents are already at the table.
"Goodmorning, daughter-to be," his father greets me.
"Don't you mean bride-to be?" Mrs. Park asks him.
"Yes, yes that too," I give a slight smile as she argues.
"You've made him very happy. Keep it that way," she sorta scolds me.
"We've called your parents for lunch," his dad tells me.
"Don't wanna make them marry off their daughter without consent," I suddenly realize that they are the ones who forced Jimin to kidnap me. Without them, I wouldn't be in this situation. Of course I love Jimin, but our story is weird.
"I have a question," I start. The two don't even look at me from their plates.

"Did you mean for Jimin to kidnap me just so he could fall for me?" I ask.
"What kind of que-I mean why would we do that?" Mrs. Park visibly shivers.
"Why are you so nervous? He's your son. I feel that you did what you thought was best for him. Since he was so invested in work he wouldn't make time for girls, so you did the next best thing: you went through the files of people in your debt and checked if they had any daughters who were old enough. I was the only daughter in the files you checked, huh?" They both shake their heads but I know.
"And you thought the best way for him to find someone was to keep them close. He was my only companion in that house. Sure I made friends, but that didn't stop us from spending a lot of time alone together," I explain.

"My, my you've picked a bright one this time, dear," Mrs. Park looks at me with pride.
"I know. She's beautiful, smart, and elegant. It's hard to believe our son found such a diamond inside the home filled with debt. I guess your life is now the price they pay. Here: I'll put the deal with your family off if you agree to sta-"
"No," I interuppt.
"Pardon?"
"NO," I repeat.
"I was trying to bargain with-"
"We'll pay the debt off any other way. Just remember, I'm another human being who walks on this earth and I am genuinely in love with your son. This marriage, both of them will be real. Keep this debt business out of it,"
I state. Mrs. Park punches her husband.
"Now you've messed up," she scolds him. I stand up.
"If you'll excuse me..." I stand up and head outside. I see a garden out front so I go sit there.

To my surprise, I meet eyes with my fiancé.
"Hey," he greets me.
"Hi," I walk up to him and sit down next to him.
"This garden is beautiful," I tell him.
"I know. I used to play here when I was a child. I used to come out here often," he smiles nostalgically.
"I can only imagine what that's like. I've only seen your garden and one small one at my aunt's place. I never even had the luxury of that," I look down in shame. He must look down on me. I come from a different world than him. How could I be stupid enough to think that we could be so alike?

I feel his arms wrap around me. The warmth is radiating from his body.
"I'll never make you suffer. No matter how many years pass, I'll never forget how you had a terrible life because of debt. My money did this. So I'll do whatever it takes to pay you back. I'll give you the life you deserve, just please don't be sad!" He starts crying on my shoulder. It's funny, I'm the one who's sad yet he's crying. I smile at him and softly stroke his back.
"There there, I promise I won't be sad with you. Park Jimin, you have already given me everything I need, is there anything more I need to ask for?" He looks at me directly in the eye.
"The vows. I'll make you a vow that will be unforgettable," he holds my shoulders.
"Yes...?" I ask, unsure of it.

"If you feel that I'm being distant or not honest towards you, just tell me. I don't want an unhappy wife. Just be yourself, and I'll try my best to stay true to you," I nearly cry. I hug him again, and hold him tight.
"The same goes for you, Jimie. Be yourself. And I'll tell you if anything is going on, but you have to do the same too!" I cry.

"Aw, Look at you two being the sobbing softies you are," a voice from behind booms.