Chapter Five: Soldier

-Tord's POV-

I looked at Tom with a 'you're joking, right?' expression on my face. "You're kidding about joining the Red Army, right?" I said as I was suspicious as to why he suddenly wanted to join my army. Why would my enemy want to join my army and work for me? He must be just messing with me. He has to be messing with me.

-Tom's POV-

I tried my best to not get mad at Tord because if I wanted to have even the slightest chance of getting to be able to work in the Red Army, I'd have to get along with Tord. The idea of getting along with Tord made me want to cringe but at this point, I don't have much of a choice. I gave Tord a serious expression to make it clear I was actually being serious about joining the Red Army. "No, I'm not kidding about joining the Red Army. I'm dead serious about becoming a recruit for the Red Army." I just honestly hope I don't regret working for Tord if he lets me work for him.

-Tord's POV-

I really find it hard to believe that of all people, it's Tom that would come to me to ask to become a new recruit for the Red Army. "If you really want to work for the Red Army that badly, there has to be a reason why you suddenly decide you want to work for me. Why exactly do you want to work for me in the first place?" He better have a good excuse for as to why he wants to work for the Red Army. For all I know, he could actually be an undercover spy or something for an enemy army. If he really wants to work for me that badly, he's going to have to prove his loyalty to me.

-Tom's POV-

I sighed a little as I looked to the side. "You really want to know why I want to work for the Red Army? Fine. I'll tell you my reason for wanting to work for the Red Army. Edd kicked me out of the house after yelling at me about me needing to have more responsibility by helping out with the chores, getting a job, and to stop being a lazy drunk. Now I have nowhere to go and I have no way to pay for a place to stay or buy any food or anything. Now will you let me work for the Red Army?"

-Tord's POV-

I looked at Tom and in all honesty, I'm doubting what Tom just said was what his supposed reason for wanting to work for me and the Red Army. I rolled my eyes and scoffed a little. He's surely just wasting my time, right? I honestly doubt Edd would kick anyone out of the house, yet alone kick Tom out of the house. "I don't have time for you to make up a fake excuse to join the Red Army. I don't tolerate people who try wasting my time just to give them something to do. If you're bored and want something to do, go bother someone else. Now get out of my office before I have security force you to leave." I glared at Tom and was annoyed for him trying to waste my time.

-Tom's POV-

I glared back at him. "I'm not fucking lying, Tord. And I'm not trying to waste your time. Why can't you just give me one chance to work for you and the Red Army?"

-Tord's POV-

I sighed. Even if I hate him, I might as well give him one chance to work for me and the Red Army. Besides, for all I know, he could prove to be a very loyal soldier for me. "Fine. I'll give you one chance to work for me and the Red Army. If you screw up in even the slightest way, you're fired. Got it?"

-Tom's POV-

I nodded a little. "Deal." Besides, how hard could it be to work for Tord and the Red Army anyways?

-Tord's POV-

He'd better not fucking betray me and the Red Army or he's going to regret it if he's a traitor. I got out some paperwork for him to sign out of my desk and put it in front of him and gave him a pen. "Just fill out these forms and you'll be an official new recruit for the Red Army."

-Tom's POV-

I nodded again and filled out all the papers then gave the papers back to Tord. "Here."
As much as I hate Tord, I can't help but wonder if this is really even the right choice to work for Tord and the Red Army.

-Tord's POV-

I put the paperwork in a drawer of my desk and looked at Tom once again. "Welcome to the Red Army, soldier."