Chapter Seven: Useless Thoughts

-Tord's POV-

I tried to refocus on making plans for the second part of my plans but I just couldn't stop thinking about Tom. "Ugh. Why can't I just fucking stop thinking about Tom?! I don't love Tom! I can't love Tom! What the hell is wrong with me today?! He used to be my enemy! I can't love my old enemy! I'm supposed to hate him, not love him! Why can't he just get out of my fucking mind already?!" I was frustrated that my unimportant thoughts kept distracting me from my work. I don't have time to have thoughts like those. It's bad enough my job is stressful and now I can't think straight because of these useless thoughts I kept having about Tom.

I kept trying to focus but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't focus on my work. "You know what? Screw it." I used my intercom to call Tom down to my office then I waited for Tom to get to my office.

-Tom's POV-

I heard as I was called down to my boss's office so I walked to his office and went into his office. I looked at him. "Did you need something, Boss?" What could my boss possibly want?...

-Tord's POV-

"Listen, Soldier. I can't stop thinking about you and it's distracting me from my work so I just wanted to say this to get this out of my way." I looked Tom directly in the 'eyes'. I can't believe I'm about to say this to him. "What did you want to tell me, boss?" "I...I've had a crush on you for a while, soldier... Even before you started working for me, I've secretly always liked you... I know I shouldn't be having these feelings for you but maybe... We could date?..."

-Tom's POV-

I stared at Tord for a few moments, trying to process what he just said to me. When I finally processed the fact he just asked me out, I blushed heavily but...What am I suppose to respond with?...