Chapter Seventeen: This Isn't A False Alarm

-Tord's POV-

I sighed a bit, feeling just a tiny bit less stressed now that Tom was training. I went to my office and paced around for a while, trying to think of some plans as well as some back up plans. It's kind of hard to think of plans now that I was under a lot of pressure. I paced for probably around maybe close to an hour before I went and decided to go check and see how everyone else was doing. As I made my way around the base, I checked on everyone, making sure they were all doing the training and preparations that they needed to do. When I saw that everyone was doing what they needed to do, it made me feel a bit more at ease now.

I sighed as I went back to my office to go back to making plans for defense mechanisms for the army base. I took no breaks at all with working on the plans and I worked for maybe four or five hours while everyone else did their training. I was starting to get tired from all this work, so I took a few minutes to rest and take a short nap. I put my pen down and leaned back on my chair, gently closing my eyes as I started to drift off to sleep. In all honesty, I haven't been getting much sleep lately and I get stressed very easily if I'm tired. After a few minutes, I finally drifted off to sleep in my comfortable chair.

For the short amount of time that my sleep lasted, it was surprisingly peaceful. That is of course, until I got woken up by a loud as hell noise. It took me a few minutes to realize the fact that that noise was the sound of an explosion. The fact that I just heard an explosion woke me up fully. I quickly got up, rushing out of my office and trying to find where the explosion had taken place at my army base. Soon enough, I located the source. Luckily, it was at a part of the base that no soldiers were at as of the current moment. I quickly rushed around, alerting my soldiers to get ready to fight immediately and that this wasn't a drill at all. It was all real and actually happening right now.