chapter 14 - The Tower

Flashback - One Year Ago

Tori's Dream

Night - Matthews House - Living Room

Tori walked into the house, seeing a cradle standing in the middle of the room. Toys were lying around everywhere. Tori looked around in confusion. "This... this is impossible. This shouldn't be here. This is all wrong."

Faye appeared, walking closer. "You're right. A full grown girl of royalty still living in her nursery? I don't even have a proper vanity. But, I am plenty vain."

Tori was worried, looking around. "Faye. Where're Mathias and Saphira?"

Saphira and Mathias walked in.

"They're right here, Mama," Faye answered. "Hello, sister. Hello, Daddy."

"What do you want, Faye?" Mathias asked. "This can't be just a social call."

Faye laughed, looking at Tori. "You know what I want to do to Saphira and Mathias, and to you. What I was raised to want to do by Zelena. She may have used you and Mathias to create me, Tori, to be just like Saphira, but you know she hates you for thinking you took Mathias from her. And she'll punish all of you for it. She raised me to want to punish all of you, too."

Mathias was completely overwhelmed. "Faye... we don't wanna hurt you."

"I know you don't," Faye told them. She turned to face Tori threateningly. "But you know that you'll have no choice if I come for you, Saphira and Mathias. You may be a surrogate family to me, but my mother will always use that to make me want revenge for not being apart of a family that actually loved me."

"You didn't deserve that, Faye," Tori told her.

"No, I didn't," Faye agreed. "It's a shame that it happened to me anyway. Because of you. All because you, Tori, and Saphira and Mathias. Which is why I'm going to burn the three of you alive." Suddenly, the room darkened, and thunder could be heard outside. Toys were falling off the shelves. "Goodbye, Sister Saphira. Goodbye, Daddy and Mommy."

In a swirl of blue/green smoke, Faye started to transform into her Dragon form to try and kill them.

Saphira shook her head desperately. "It's not too late, Faye. You can stop this. Please! You don't have to hurt us. You can still be saved."

Faye laughed. "I don't wanna be saved. You can't save me. You can't even save yourselves. Not from anyone. And certainly not from me. There's nothing you can do."

"No, Faye!" Saphira told her. "Faye!"

Dragon!Faye used her power and her Siren Song and Dragon fire to burn them alive, making them scream.

Reality

Enchanted Forest

Morning - Dark Palace - Bedroom Chamber

Tori woke up from her nightmare, gasping in shock, looking around, seeing that the bed next to her was empty, becoming worried. "Mathias? Mathias."

Mathias was standing by the window, looking over the landscape, turning to look at her. "Look who's awake." Tori slowly got out of bed. "Come, look at this view, Tori. You would love it."

Tori walked closer. "It's beautiful."

Mathias noticed her behavior. "Tori? You okay?" Tori sighed, shaking her head. Mathias realized. "You've been having dreams too. Ever since meeting Zelena and Faye."