Prologue

Hello everyone!

Just a quick note to explain this universe (because I wanted it to be clear)

This is an Alpha/Omega universe, where the Alphas have horns/antlers and Omegas have wings.

Betas have neither.

Alphas and Omegas also have unique traits that you'll learn about throughout the story.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

------------------------------------------------------------

Rain pattered gently on the city, the sky a darkening gray as a hidden sun dipped into its evening position.

Couples were walking with umbrellas up and jackets close as they hurried home from work.

Teens who had discovered their second gender after feeling a sharp ache in their shoulders or head were excitedly texting friends as they watched the rain drip down their bedroom windows.

Children splashed around puddles flapping invisible wings or fighting with invisible horns.

The city lights began to flicker on as the sky grew darker, the neon lights casting blinding orange onto a figure in the street.

The sidewalks grew more empty and cars became rare as the night began her descent.

Assorted music played in each building as the figure strolled past, only illuminated by the flashing blue and red signs as they quickened their pace.

Graffiti was scrawled across the sides of buildings, partially hidden by the shadows the flashy advertisements refused to illuminate.

The small jacket the figure had thrown over their shoulders slipped, and for a fraction of a moment, small blue wings could be seen before the jacket was repositioned and the figure dashed off.

The screams and yells of the argument mere 20 minutes prior still ricocheted loudly in their head, the images of their parents throwing their belongings to the ground before kicking them to the streets.

All because he had forgotten to dump the trash.

All because he was an Omega.

A male Omega.

Fresh tears streamed his cheeks, mixing with the rain before it was obvious of his distress.

His small wings were still sore and patchy, having it been almost 3 months since his wings first pushed through the skin on his shoulder blades.

He had had his best friend then, who told him the best ways to get away with being an Omega.

His lucky son-of-a-bitch Alpha friend.

Then he just had to develop feelings for him, making his wings grow quicker.

He had wings the size of someone who had them for 6 months and only a broken heart to prove it.

But that didn't matter now.

Now he was done.

He didn't need his stupid family anyway.

Or his stupid crush.

Or his stupid best friend.

Or his stupid heart.

He would fend for himself, even if it meant the death of him.

And it probably would.

Wiping as much of the tears and rain out of his eyes as he could with his jacket, the teenager turned into an alleyway and managed to find a box.

He set the box up and managed to curl inside, grateful for his slim stature for once.

Looking out at the rain that battered the cement, neon signs glinting falsely, he grimaced.

This was the start of a terrible fucking life.