Chapter 30

The Omega stiffened, his eyes widening slightly before stuttering,

"Wh-wh-what do you mean?"

"When Brock was framed for the attack. Did you lie about what you were doing?"

Craig's wings ruffled uncomfortably.

"Ty, I don't even...that was...I-"

"Did you attack Jonathan?"

"No!"

Craig stared at him wide-eyed and horrified, gray feathers trembling slightly.

Tyler ground his teeth before snarling,

"Do you know who it could've been?"

Craig wilted at the question, his wings falling limp and shoulders pulling toward his ears as his head lowered.

"I...I..."

Tyler felt a darkness begin to swirl through his body.

A horrific mix of rage and betrayal as the Omega continued to stutter uselessly.

"Craig,"

The Omega stopped at his name, his stance crumbling further at the <i>dark, malicious</i>, glare Tyler was giving him.

"Answer the question."

"Y-yes?"

"AGGH!"

It took <i>everything</i> inside Tyler not to strangle Craig.

So instead, he grabbed a pillow of the bed and hit it against the wall until feathers filled the air, dappling the floor in lose patterns as Craig trembled.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?"

Tyler whirled back toward his mate-

No.

<i>Fuck that</i>.

Tyler whirled back toward the <i>bitch</i> of a human that was now sitting on his feet as he watched the furious Alpha.

"I...I can't..."

"You can't?"

Tyler took a step away from Craig, a hand running through his hair.

"You <i>can't</i>?"

A nonsensical giggle fell from Tyler's lips before he slammed a fist through the nearest wall.

The plaster coated his hand and the floor as blood trickled through his knuckles.

"You can't, huh Craig?"

Tyler kept his voice calm, unnerving even himself at his grip on his composure.

"Well <i>I</i> can't come up with a possible reason as to not believe it was you, Craig!"

Tyler waited for the Omega to process his words, Craig looking up with tears beginning to gather in his eyes.

"Wh-what?"

"IT'S YOU, CRAIG! IT'S FUCKING YOU!"

Dead silence.

The pigeon-wing had paled, and all traces of life seemed to be draining from his form.

Tyler continued.

"You never seemed to like Jonathan after we brought him here, even if you were one of the first to show interest in him joining us,"

Tyler was counting on his fingers, needing to do something with his hands or risk another hole in the wall.

"You almost <i>never</i> spoke to him, you always kept your space away from him, and you never offered to give him shooting lessons like you did with the others!"