Chapter 39

The tower was dark.

The day previous was spent resting and healing, the Betas and minorly injured members of the BBS running errands and rewrapping bandages for those who were bedridden.

Brock had checked on Smitty and Jonathan a few times, dropping off food and water for the two in Heat.

Marcel and Scotty eventually made it back inside the base as well, both wearing a new mating mark as Marcel dutifully carried his new, sleeping mate to <s>his</s> their bedroom. Congratulations were said while Marcel got his side bandaged, the Alpha in better shape than he should have been in after a bullet wound to his side.
His Rut was to blame for that.

Evan finally managed to shake his own Rut off around lunchtime, groggy and starving. He ate a hefty lunch from Brock before crashing in his room the rest of the day.

Then, evening time.

Tyler and Ohm were left to heal in the med bay with cups of water and snacks.

Smitty and Jonathan stayed holed up in the jay's room.

Everyone else retreated to their rooms- all mates (except for Craig and Tyler) sleeping together.

The tower was dark.
Tyler snored loudly in his impromptu bed in the med bay, Ohm shifting slightly at the sound.

The floor creaked as light feet trod on it.

Craig made a small, drowsy hum. Smitty mewled in his sleep, Jonathan curling closer to the dove. Brock nuzzled closer to Brian as the Alpha placed a cup of water on the nightstand.

There was a squeak of a door hinge as a bedroom door was opened.

Dark blues and purples painted the room, given a partial glow of orange from the city lights outside the window.
A heap of clothes sat on the floor, which were gingerly picked up by the intruder.
Wings tensed as the intruder took a lungful of the lusty, Rut scent on the clothes.

Pine.
Feathers loosened as the intruder giggled softly, taking another desperate gasp from the shirt as they moved slowly around the bed.

"Oh Evan,"
They cooed softly. Lights flashed brighter for a moment, illuminating the sleeping Alpha's face in deep red before fading again.

"It's a shame your Rut ended. I would've loved to flare my scent and take your attention away from that pitiful excuse of an Omega."

Lights again, this time orange-yellow that made the elk look ethereal for a few moments before ebbing away. The intruder giggled, taking another gulp from the discarded clothing before letting out a pleased hum,

"It's always the prettiest ones who are the most foolish I guess..."
The Omega dragged delicate fingers down Evan's cheek, who shifted into the sensation with a nearly soundless hum of gratitude.

But the intruder heard it.

And he smiled wider, twisting his hand to cup the Alpha's chin.

"I could always just dance around that Jay for a bit longer, really drown in Heat for you. But,"

The Omega sighed, retracting their hand and pulling the Rut-scent-covered clothes back up to his nose.

"I want to be conscious when my dreams come true."

The intruder haphazardly tossed the shirt back to the ground, knowing the intensity of Evan's Rut would smother his scent and he wouldn't even have to try and hide it.

"Goodnight my lovely Alpha,"

The Omega murmured, a sharpened smirk on his lips,

"I'll be sleeping beside you soon."