Chapter 10

Evan stared at the table-full of groggy men in front of him, most of them with cups of coffee. He knew he had woken them all up an hour earlier than usual, but this was important.

This could affect all of them, not just Jonathan.

They had to get to the bottom of this.

He mentally went through the list of things he had to take care of before Jonathan woke up in an hour, crossing off talking to Tyler in private.

He had already pulled his second-hand man to the side and heavily apologized for trying to Alpha Command him, to which Tyler haughtily forgave. They cracked a few jokes and Evan knew Tyler was back.

He wasn't one to hold grudges.

At least, as long as he was told the truth.

However, that was only one thing on a list of many. Now he had to warn his gang about the threat.

"Alright, I bet you're wondering why I have you all up early."

He began, clapping his hands together.

He nearly missed, playing it off like nothing happened.

He hadn't gotten much sleep himself.

"Last night, Jonathan was attacked around midnight by a hidden Alpha."

Several eyes widened and Scotty, who had been sipping his coffee, nearly choked.

"They wore gloves and scent blockers, so we don't have much of a lead."

Tyler added from where he sat beside Evan.

"How do you know it was an Alpha?"

Ohm pressed, his wings shifting uneasily.
Evan glanced at John, the Alpha clearly the most awake out of any of them except for Tyler and Evan. He hadn't taken a puff from his vape yet, but he was spinning it in his fingers.
Jonathan had said he saw antelope horns.

Maybe it was John?

I hadn't even thought about that...

Evan realized, biting the inside of his lip.

With a frown, Evan leaned back in his chair.

"Jonathan said he saw horns."

Now those who had been staring at the table or the dark window behind Evan turned their attention toward him.

"What kind?"

Brock asked. Even John had stopped spinning his vape to look at Evan curiously.

Do I tell them? What if it wasn't John? Can we handle having a backstabber in the gang? How long until others start questioning their loyalty?

Evan closed his eyes and huffed a breath out of his nose.

They deserved an honest leader.

"Antelope."

He said curtly, following the entire room's stare as they turned toward John. The blonde's face paled.

"What? No, John didn't do it,"

Smitty interrupted from his spot beside the accused Alpha.

"He was in his room all night!"

The room was silent before Tyler asked,

"How do you know that?"

Smitty's cheeks stained red as he fumbled for an excuse.

"Um...well...I-"