Epilogue

It was a long couple months after that storm.

John's funeral was short and sweet.

Black suits and solemn faces as the Alpha joined the ranks in the ground.

Smitty stayed with the smaller gang for a few weeks, nearby to mourn his boyfriend before he moved back with the BBS. Craig eventually moved to stay with the Misfits, saying he prefered the raw action to the city. Nobody mentioned the tension between him and his ex mate.

Lui took the pigeon's room at the base, everyone agreeing it was too dangerous for him to go back to the Canaries. He did mention a friend had manage to make his own escape too.

The last they heard of Luke, Lui's friend had mentioned seeing him several cities away in a coffee shop near his college.

***

Waves crashed heavily on the shore.
Seagulls let out piercing cries and pelicans dove expertly into the water.
There were a few small families scattered across the sand, children attempting sand castles or digging holes to sit in. Couples strolled lazily past hand in hand, and dogs chased eagerly after frisbees.
The pier had been cleared of rubble and bodies, but crimson still stained the wood and metal.
The sun was partially hidden behind clouds, casting pearly light onto the glistening sea.
It was like Mother Nature herself was giving her reward of enduring the past months.

Evan and Jonathan trailed the sea foam, fingers laced together and smiles small on lips. Evan ran a hand through his hair, cringing at the oily feeling of salt in the strands as the heavy breezes carried the small particles.
The skies were finally clear from the week-long rainstorm, and Evan enjoyed smelling winds that didn't remind him of now-lost friends.
Instead, the ocean scent that was too familiar of the gang boss brought comfort, and the crashing of white-tipped tides distracted his ears from the imagined cracks of gunshot and cries of pain.

"Evan? You okay?"
The Alpha blinked from his daze, glancing at his mate with a smile.
"Yeah, I'm fine Jon."
"Okay,"
The Omega was quiet for a moment before he asked,
"You'd tell me if you weren't, right?"
Evan chuckled, giving Jonathan's hand a squeeze before pressing a soft kiss to his temple.
"Of course I would."
"Mkay."
Jonathan brightened after that, and Evan had never felt more at peace.
Seeing Jonathan smile so genuinely, after so many nights of watching him break down and sob from nightmare after nightmare of knives and gunmetal,
It was soothing.

Jonathan pointed at the little sandpipers that prodded the sand, and Evan picked up seashells and compared their beauty to the blue jay beside him.
Gentle kisses pressed against fingers and temples.
Blushes that darkened in the setting golden light.
Giggles that bounced along the shore as they hurried back to the truck.
Cerulean feathers were softly tucked under blankets as the moon coated the city in silver.

~Fin~

------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all so much for enduring this story with me!
It means so much that people took their time to read CF, and you have all been very kind.
I hope to write more that you will all enjoy, but if Cerulean Feathers is the only story of mine you read, then thank you for your support. <3

If you would like to talk to me and others about stories you are writing, reading, or just everyday life, then join my Discord! (https://discord.gg/frSrVVN)
Thank you all so much for reading Cerulean Feathers! <3 <3
~Echo