First Day with a Snake

Hazel's POV

To put it blunt, everyone in Gryffindor screamed bloody murder at us for getting in trouble. Well, they didn't mind the getting in trouble part, but the did mind the aftermath. Draco.

He was like the Octavian of Hogwarts. But instead of slaying teddy bears, I had a feeling he wanted to slay people. In particular, Percy.

Draco's POV

Because of Percy, I have to stay in the filthy Gryffindor commons with the filthy Gryffindors. At least I don't have to sleep in the Gryfinndor sleeping quarters. McGonagall told me I could stay with my fellow Snakes. I don't believe her though. She's already stuck me here for term, what else could she do?

She could do a lot of things. All of them unpleasent. At least, to me. In Potions, my first class, she had changed my seat. Instead of sitting with my fellow snake Blaise, I sat next to, guess who? Percy.

Snape kept tossing dirty looks in my direction during class. I couldn't tell if they were aimed at me or the sea creature (Percy). The rest of the Slytherin house was glaring and throwing certain gestures in my direction.

In Transfigurations, I was seated next to the repair boy.
This.
Was.
Torture.
He was always fiddling with his wand, or something tangible in reach. I kept glancing over at him. Ηe never was working. Ever. Clicking, buzzing, beeping; all heard from repair boy's desk. But no transfiguration. At all. I was sure that McGonagall would punish him for not paying attention, but instead glared. It wasn't a normal glare though. It had a twinge of kindness. Leo, caught a glimpse of the look the professor aimed at him, and instantly his head shot up. He mumbled something, then began to focus.

Leo's POV

I was inventing a radio device. I barely listened to the professor. School is not something I'm used to. Then I caught the glare. It wasn't the glare, not one that would kill me. It was stern, but also kind. I immediately stuffed my invention in the pockets of my robe.
I scolded myself quietly," Gods, Leo! They didn't want us to be exposed. Look where that got us!"

It got us here. In this no machinery magic school! No machines! At all! This was not where a child of Hephaestus should be. This was utter torture. All day, I had been trying to find one simple machine. None. The one time I get to invent something, the glare. I bet the Fates are laughing at me right now. Oh how I wish to be at Camp Half Blood.

I remember before we left, what had happened at the Hephaestus cabin. We were fighting over some wires and metal. Family bonding, am I right? When Annabeth came in and told me to pack up, my siblings gave a disgusted face. I had told them about the magic school. As an I'm sorry for you present, they piled the scraps we were fighting over earlier into my tool belt. It was a ceremonial gesture whenever someone went on a quest. Loading them up with machinery parts.

I realized that people were standing up, I followed suit and gathered my stuff. I caught up to Hermione and Annabeth. They were talking about something for Herbology. Being my annoying self, I jumped in front of them, and screamed," Plant stuff!"
Annabeth smacked me on the arm," Leo! We were talking about class! Very important exam coming up. What could you possibly want?"
Hermione was kneeling down picking up textbooks she had dropped," Leo, I don't understand how you can be so reckless."

Annabeth and Hermione were too busy scolding me, to even acknowledge the girl standing in front of us. She had jet black hair, and blue eyes.
She rolled her eyes at me," Leo, what the Hades did you do now?"
Annabeth jumped," Repair boy, you didn't invent a voice manipulation machine, right?"
I shake my head, grinning," Nope. But maybe you should turn around."
Annabeth turns.