Road Trip

Grace's POV

When we piled into the limo, well, that took a while. I couldn't walk. That was an obvious problem. When the others realized this, which took a few minutes, it took so long to get me inside. Nico sat next to me, since he claimed he had the most experience. When we started the self driving limo I had a lot of questions.
"Aren't you guys seventeen? And Clarisse is like nineteen? Can't you guys drive?" I ask.
Percy scans the car controls. "Oh here it is," he flicks a switch off, and the car turns off,"and uh, who wants to drive?"
Clarisse gets in the front. "I'll drive."
"Please don't kill us," I plead.
She laughs, curses, then puts the car in gear. "To Camp Half Blood!" Clarisse exclaims.

Clarisse made me feel like I was inside a blender. She sucked at driving. We couldn't tell her that though, because, she probably stashed forks, or real spears in here. This was not good for my leg. Nico cursed. He then propped my leg up against the empty seats, and quickly made me a makeshift cast.
"Nico, it hurts."
He nods. "I know. This will help it."
"Where'd you learn that?" I ask
"Will," he mutters.
"Also, why is Percy not your type?"
Percy cocks his head. "Yeah Nico, why is that?"
Annabeth clears her throat. "Um, Percy. You have a girlfriend."
Percy sits back down, and Annabeth kicks him in the shins.
I would have slapped him.
I did.
Clarisse calls from the front," Almost there. Where winter doesn't bother us."
"Winter's not bad here. In Canada-" Frank tries to reason.
Leo cut him off. "Nope. This is America. No more Canada talk."

I stared at Half-Blood Hill. Hills. Broken leg. Not happening. I was not ready to get up the hill. I did not want to say anything. I needed to deal with it. They all fought wars. I could handle a broken leg.
Piper flances at the hill, and at me.
"Who volunteers to help Grace walk?" Piper asks.
Dam Piper.
"I'll do it." Percy volunteers.
"No," I shake my head," you already helped me. I can try by myself."
"Grace." Percy had an undertone that meant I had to say yes.
"Fine."

We unloaded out of the vehicle. Percy carried me out, which I hated. He didn't place me down until we got to the infirmary. I huffed as my feet touched the ground. Percy started talking to the Apollo kids, until finally, Will, the boy Nico is dating came. He asked Percy questions. Too many questions. Then, he finally turned to me.
He asked, "How did you get injured?"
I think back to the balcony. "I jumped off a balcony."
He nods. He takes more notes down.
Finally, after total silence, he remarks, " I can't believe your leg didn't fracture any farther. Who tended to your leg before you got here?"
"Your boyfriend. Although he doesn't like to be referred as 'boyfriend'. Also, make note of this. I will slap you so hard if you break his heart. Don't you dare break his heart," I rant.
All the son of Apollo says is, " Hold on."
He runs out, and I smile.
Oh, and Nico? If you're reading this, I am not sorry.

Nico's POV

I waited outside the infirmary, as the others mingled with the other campers. I sat against the wall, and kept waiting. I heard the rickety door slam, and I thought it was Percy and Grace.

It was not.

Will smiled when he saw me, and I stood up.
"How is Grace doing?" I ask
"Grace is doing fine," Will informs. "Aren't you going to say hi to your boyfriend?"
I blink. "Yeah. Sorry. Just worried about her. And in case you are wondering, high school sucks. I got a swirly. Hazel was tortured by two jocks. My face got stepped on. How's camp been?"
Will gaps. "You can't just say that, and then be all casual. But camp has been fine. Did Grace really jump off a balcony?"
"Yes."

Flashback

Grace was upstairs as the rest of us were partying downstairs. I heard some movement up there, but I didn't think about it. I was telling Piper about my swirly, and Hazel was telling what the jocks did to her that day. I grimaced at the memories. We talked about other things too, like camp. All was normal, Calypso was reprimanding Leo from setting himself on fire, which didn't stop him. Clarisse was in a fancy dress, so naturally Percy teased her, and Percy got a beatdown with some spears. Then, we heard a scream. Percy stands up immediately and runs out. A few minutes later, he comes back in with a crying Grace in his arms.

I pushed past my boyfriend. I look in the infirmary, and see another Apollo kid attending to Grace. Grace looks up at me and smiles.
She smirks. "How is it with your boyfriend?"
I roll my eyes. "Fine, fine."
The Apollo girl mutters, " Will sure does talk about you in the cabin a lot. I'm Kayla."
I nod. "Nico."
"Oh I know," Kayla says.
I gesture to Grace's leg. "Is her leg okay?"
Kayla shrugs. "Will said she can be cleared by tonight, and she'll get a wheelchair."
"Go to Tartarus, Will," Grace mutters.

That night, we leave camp. We wanted to stay longer, in the nice, controlled weather. However, school was going to start tomorrow. When we left the infirmary, Grace tries to stabilize herself and walk. To her disappointment, Kayla brings out a wheelchair and Grace reluctantly sits down in it. She curses the whole way to the limo. When we get to the door, Percy gets slapped in the face, as well as myself. Grace. Slaps. So. Hard.

Grace's POV

Percy puts me in the car. I slap him for it. I also slapped Nico, for other things. The whole way, I curse at my brothers, and the wheelchair.
Leo laughs. Typical. "What's that wheelchair ever done to you?"
I roll my eyes. "Is everything a joke to you?"
That shuts him up for the rest of the ride home.

When we get to the house, I realize we don't have an elevator. I curse again, and begin to hop on one foot up the stairs. This was dangerous. Very dangerous.
I am only three steps up, when I hear Leo's voice again.
He asks," Uh, Grace? Isn't it dangerous for you to do that?"
"No duh, Captain Obvious," I spat.
"I think that you need to see something, Grace," He says.
He places me back in my once deserted wheelchair, and wheels me to a dark corridor of the house.
My voice trembles. "Leo, you're not trying to scare me again, right?"
"No. I gotta show you something."
Elevator. Please let it be an elevator.

We go a bit farther, and shiny steel doors meet my gaze. Elevator. Thank the gods.
I hug him. "Did you build this?"
He nods. "It took a while, but I started building it a few weeks ago."
"Cool. So what are you? Our personal repair boy?"
Leo laughs, but doesn't answer. He takes a wrench out of his tool belt, does some mechanical magic with it, and the elevator starts going upward.
Leo asks, " You wanna listen to music?"
I laugh. "Sure, but what did you do? Program it to play songs related to fire?"
"Yes."

Leo departs me to my room, and then goes to his own. I sit on my bed and sigh. My leg is broken, and this is terrible. I can't go anywhere without someone pushing me. Ugh. I search my nightstand. I find nothing. Sadness. I flip my light switch on my wall off, and close my eyes.