Clarisse the Protector

This chapter is dedicated to E_0618  because they gave me this idea and I love it. Thank you, E_0618!!!!!

Clarisse's POV

Ever since I started living with Prissy, the seven, Thalia, Calypso, Nico and Grace, something changed. I had become friendlier though I would never admit it out loud. However, I was the bully at camp, and since I left for school, that position, as I suspected, was replaced by Michael Terry. He was an Athena child, so this was surprising. I never knew what lengths he would go to. No one did.

Grace's POV

I was sitting by the canoe lake. I listened to the rippling of the water and the conversing of the naiads. I was at peace. Then this blonde boy showed up. He was tall, muscular, and his gray eyes gleamed with mischief. He advanced towards me, and loomed over my small frame.
"Are you Percy Jackson's sister?" he asked calmly.
I nod. "Yes, I'm Grace Jackson. Why?"
He smirks evilly. " I know good and well I can't harm Percy Jackson. The whole camp would attack me. But I can hurt you all I'd like. No one cares about a little brat like you."
"I-I'm not a b-brat."
"Oh really?"
He strikes the first punch. It was similar to when I got beat up by Derek, except this time, the boy used a Celestial Bronze dagger to cut me. He stuffed a makeshift gag in my mouth. I tried to spit it out, however, it had a clasp behind my head. He tied my hands together as well as my legs. Well, breathing isn't going to work. I try to roll into the lake. However, the boy sees what I'm up to and ties me up against a pole. I squirm.
He runs off, after cutting me again, this time in the leg.
Sometimes life sucks.

Clarisse's POV

     I am wrapping up a sword fighting lesson when I see Michael running and Grace tied to a pole.
I grab his arm. "Where the Hades do you think you're going?"
I keep a firm grip as we walk to the pole. "What did you do to my sister?" I growl.
"She's not your sister," Michael spits.
"F*** genetics."
I punch him until he runs off, probably to complain to Annabeth. Good luck with that.
I walk closer to the pole and see Grace's face streaked with blood, bruises and tears. I mutter
a few curses at Michael and begin to untie her.
     When she is free from the pole, Grace collapses immediately onto the grass.
"Clarisse," she groans," it hurts."
I nod and get a glance at her wounds. She had deep gashes in her arms and legs, scarlet blood oozing out. She also bears minor cuts and bruises. I searched in my pockets. I find a wrapped square of ambrosia, and some nectar. I pour the nectar into the gashes and feed her the ambrosia square. She moans in appreciation and tries to stand. I didn't see a pool of blood, so I was fairly certain that she could walk. Grace hobbled off the tree, as the nectar started to take effect.
"Let's go to the Athena cabin," I say.
Grace nods.
We walk over there, Michael out of sight. Annabeth is inside the cabin, pacing the floor.
She stops when she sees us. "Oh my gods! Grace, are you okay?"
"Yeah, Clarisse beat the bully up," Grace says quietly.
Annabeth nods, but shoots a pointed look at me. "You didn't use Maimer, right?"
"No, but I should've," I grumble.
Annabeth rolls her eyes. "Clarisse, he wasn't that bad? Was he?"
Grace's voice shakes. "H-he s-s-said things. But he doesn't d-deserve to die. No one deserves to d-die u-unless they are really bad."
Annabeth and I share a knowing glance.
After checking Grace's wounds once more, we leave and I make my way to the Ares cabin. Grace pulls me in the opposite direction, towards the Aphrodite cabin. Grace starts to talk to Lacy, and Lacy hands Grace a bag. Alright, now I'm scared.
Grace walks into her cabin, with me behind her. She gestures to an empty chair.
"Sit," she orders.
I obey, to my shock.
Grace dumps the contents of the bag on her punk. Curlers, curling iron, flat iron, nail polish, makeup brushes, makeup. The horror. I gag at what I think she is going to do.
Grace giggles. Hades. "Clarisse, do you wanna play dress up?" Grace says in a sing-song voice.
"Do I have a choice?" I ask.
"Nope," Grace says sweetly, popping the 'p'.
I sigh. "Alright, do it."
I should ever trust an eight year old. Especially one related to Prissy.
Grace was having a field day with this. Me, on the other hand, I was dying inside.
Grace dipped a brush in pink eyeshadow. Pink. I was gonna look like a clown by the end of this.
A few minutes later, Grace gave me a hand mirror. My hair and makeup was actually pretty decent. I would've loved some war paint, but you can't win them all.
My long black hair was curled and fell down past my shoulders. The top part of my hair was crown braided. Pink eyeshadow (still upset about that) and nude lipstick was my only makeup. My nails were a dark scarlet. I looked okay. Grace thrust a red sparkly dress at me as well as red heels. She pulled out a divider thingy, set it up again the wall (which was windowless) and left. I changed and she came back in.
She smiled sinisterly. "The fun part of dress up is a fashion show. And you need an audience for that. I'll get the audience!"
She triumphantly parades out the cabin door. Like she promised, I had an audience, consisting of the seven (minus Hazel and Frank), Nico, and Thalia. I stood awkwardly in the corner until Grace goes all military general on me.
"Clarisse," she whines. "You have to spin around and move. Or else it's boring."
Leo snickers and Piper elbows him in the ribs.
I spin around a few times and Grace claps (adorably, just putting it out there) each time. After my fifth spin, I begin to usher people out the cabin door.
"No! Stop! Now we need to have judges," Grace demands.
We freeze in our tracks, and to my dismay, I have more to do.
"So we need three judges, so Nico, Piper and Annabeth," Grace declares.
"Why did you pick us?" Nico asks.
"Ok. I picked Nico because he's socially awkward and needs to do more things."
Percy snickers at the first explanation and Nico turns a deep red.
"I picked Piper because she has the best fashion opinion."
I think Leo mutters a 'duh' at that.
"And I picked Annabeth because she's smart."
Another 'duh' from Leo.
"I guess I have to be judged now," I say.
I spin in the stupid heels once again, cursing every time I turn to the wall.
"Ten," says Piper emotionlessly.
Nico and Annabeth reply the same thing.
"You can leave now," permits Grace.
I take off the heels and race back to the Ares cabin.