Capture the Flag and Other Important Happenings

Grace's POV

As the Apollo cabin the sing along over a dull campfire, even their voices weren't into it. Not yet. Chiron was trotting back and forth, the way he did when he had big news. We all should've known what the news was. I guess no one knew it was Friday.

Chiron cleared his throat," Children, hello. Tonight we will be playing capture the flag. No maiming, or killing. The infirmary will not appreciate a huge load of campers tonight. The teams are: Poseidon, Hephaestus, Hades, Athena, Dionysus, Apollo, Hebe, and Aphrodite versus Hermes, Victory, Zeus, Hecate, Iris, Demeter, Hypnos, and Ares."

Our team headed straight to the Big House to talk strategy, Athena cabin idea of course. The flag would be hidden in the woods, where most previous flags were hidden. Athena would guard the flag, Hephaestus would be the decoy guard group. Poseidon, Hades and Apollo were front line guards (just my luck). Aphrodite, (whipped into shape by Piper) would guard from the sides and back, in case the others tried an ambush. Hebe and Dionysus would be front line and side and back guards for the decoy group.

Weapons attached, and in my case thoroughly secured by Percy, (stupid older brothers) we charged into battle and stuck to our plan. Guess who I was a front line guard with? Nico. He seemed out of it, not focused, so I did what I do when I'm sorry, or mad. I slapped him.

Nico stared at me. "Holy mother of Zeus, you slap hard."
I try to suppress my giggle. " Shut up, Death Boy, and focus on guarding."
Nico nods, and I know that all is forgotten from earlier.
Hazel whispers next to me," You are awesome."
I smile," I know. That's what Percy would say, right?"
Hazel nods. "He loves commenting about his awesomeness."
Nico clears his throat. " What happened to focusing, huh?"
With that note, we go into battle mode.

At the end of the game, our team won. Obviously. You didn't have to ask me though. You'd be able to tell from this conversation.
Leo, being Leo, saunters, or walks like a smug ostrich, over to Jason and Frank.

He gloats," What's that sound? The sound of fire, burning its competition."
He sets himself on fire.
Jason nods," Uh huh, yeah, but uh, Frank? What was the flaming boy's job?"
"Decoy group. And no one goes for the decoy group." Frank said.
Jason smirks. "That, my good friend, is defeat."
Leo extinguishes himself.
I cracked my knuckles. Ready for a good slap down.

I address my idiot cousins (I dunno, don't ask me about Greek mythology relations).
"Gentle idiots," I begin," because of your tomfoolery, you shall be slapped by, well, me. Since Frank has never be slapped by the master, Leo and Jason, get ready."
They whined and curled on the grass like cowards after.

"Dear Frank. I am sorry for this."
Before I can blink, Frank is a puppy, whimpering. The funny thing is, Leo is the only one who I can actually slap without standing on my tiptoes. Frank is too tall for me to reach, so I jumped, missed, and he's a puppy. i didn't even touch him. I don't have a sick enough, twisted enough heart to slap a puppy.
"Percy," I whine, after Frank is human again," Frank's too tall. He's cheating."
Nico begins to interject, but Hazel silences him. No one was against this. Not even Hazel, Frank's girlfriend.
Percy nods, and lifts me so I can get my revenge. I don't slap him hard, not as hard as I slapped Leo or Jason. Frank winces, and Percy places me on solid ground.

Annabeth elbows Percy," Seaweed Brain, that was mean."
"What?" Percy asks," That Frank got slapped?"
Annabeth shakes her head. Then it slams him like an anvil.
" You mean, I have to get slapped?"
" It's only fair."

Percy is too tall for me as well. Annabeth, with a grin on her face, levels me with Percy.
"You are doomed, big brother."
Percy, crumples to the floor, as the slapped boys help him up. Percy had it coming.

That night, before curfew, Percy comes into the cabin in a suit, and sea foam green tie.
I giggle. "Are you gonna marry Annabeth, Percy? Are you in love?"
Percy shakes his head and opens a small black box. "No, not today. I'm only seventeen, Grace. But today, is like the engagement before the actual engagement."
"That's weird. But the ring is pretty."

The ring was a silver band, with a sea green diamond in the center, surrounded by a circle of pearls. On the right, was an owl, and on the left a trident. Encrypted on the inside was; Always and forever, Tartarus and back. Percy put the ring back in the box, and I hugged him.
I ask him," Can I be the flower girl at your wedding, please?"
Percy grins," Sure."
He is about to leave, when I call," Wait!"
"What?" Percy asks
"Let me fix your tie. Piper told me that sometimes men are oblivious, whatever that means, and that sometimes the women need to check that they're still alive and breathing, So she taught me to do all the things that you, Jason, Leo, Frank, and Nico apparently can't even though you guys are nine or ten years older than me, except for Nico who's seven years older. Piper says that you guys are never prepared, especially on date night. That was all Piper said, although I don't know what most of it means."
Percy has a look of shock on his face after that. He leaves, muttering about something.

Percy's POV

Wow. Piper sure can talk. I walk over to the beach, where I told Annabeth to meet me.
When she sees me, her hands cover her face. I get down on one knee. This is the best feeling ever. I open the box.
I ask," Wise Girl, you are the most amazing person I have ever met. Please take this promise ring, and maybe soon, I can replace it with an engagement ring."
Annabeth's gray eyes glisten with tears. "Gods, Seaweed Brain, yes! Yes! Yes!"
I slip the ring on her finger, and we kiss under the stars. Before curfew, of course.

Grace's POV

While Percy is gone, I hear a knock on the cabin door.
I sigh. "Percy, did you flank out already on proposing to Annabeth. You need to work on your confidence."
The door bursts open. A flabbergasted son of Hades enters.
Nico exclaims," Percy proposed to Annabeth?!"
I shake my head. "No, Percy called it the engagement before the engagement."
Nico nods. "That's stupid. It doesn't even make sense."
"I know, right? That's what I said."
"He should have said he was giving her a promise ring."

Then we sit in awkward silence.
I ask," What are you doing here, Nico?"
He responds," Just came to apologize for earlier."
I smile. " Good to know you're not proposing to Will yet. He's nice though, and I will personally guarantee that he will get slapped if he breaks your heart."
Pink paints his porcelain figure. "Grace, don't endanger him."
I roll my eyes. "Fine."
"Thank you."
I will Bianca to resurface our body. Before she fully emerges, I say," I think I have a better present Nico."
"What?"
"Me." Bianca says.

Nico's POV

I spent the rest of the night (before curfew) with Bianca. I glance up at the clock. I mutter a curse. The cleaning harpies are probably coming out now. Ugh. Just then, Percy comes in, breathless. He didn't need to explain. He almost got caught by a harpy and, well almost got eaten. I decided to stay in the Poseidon cabin, not taking my chances.

Grace Potter di Angelo Jackson: The Demiwizard StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara