School Again? Dude.

Grace's POV

Dream

I was trying to wheel myself to class. Gianna saw me, and helped me. Thank the gods. When we entered the classroom, everyone began to laugh. I bit back tears as my classmates mimicked my helplessness.
"Oh, Grace, what happened? Did you fall down the stairs? Guess you need to hold your brother's hand to do that too."
"Guess she needs to be more careful getting off a stool."
"She really should ask for help when she needs it. She shouldn't try to be so independent."
I began to cry, and Gianna started yelling at them.
End of Dream

I woke up with tears in my eyes. I swallowed and tried to get up. No such luck. I got an umbrella and hooked it to the wheelchair. I pulled it over successfully and almost completed my plan. Then I fell out of bed. I landed on my leg. The broken one. I don't remember the ear splitting scream that my vocal chords produced, but Percy still came into my room.
"Oh my gods! Grace, what happened?" He asks.
Tears well in my eyes. "I fell out of my bed, trying to get up, and I landed on my broken leg."
Percy helps me up. "But it's 2:30 in the morning. Why'd you wake up?"
"I had a dream about what the other kids would do. They called me helpless and my voice didn't work and they kept laughing."
Percy picks up my dagger. "Well the kids in your class can't handle a dagger. Or Clarisse. Or Leo. Or anyone in this house. You're braver and stronger than them."
I hug him, and apologize for waking him up.

Four hours later, I wake up again. I think Aphrodite snuck into my room. There was a bright pink button on my wall. It read: APHRODITE'S PICK. I pressed it, and instantly, I was enveloped in bright pink mist. The mist evaporated to reveal an outfit that I hate. It was a light pink shirt that said: Cute and a very tight pair of jeans. Too tight. I hit the button again, and the mist swirls around me again. This time, I'm wearing a camp shirt, and a looser pair of jeans. My hair was in a braid, and I had a light blue jacket on. Better, Aphrodite. Then the alarm clock exploded again. Leo.
"Leo Valdez!" I yell. "You will never fix that thing!"
"I can try!" Leo shouts back.
I sit down in my wheelchair, and try to move myself. I spun my hands on the wheels and I was able to figure out how to turn. I pushed out the door of my bedroom, and headed towards the elevator.

I pressed the lowest floor and waited. When the doors revealed a deadly burst of light, I wheeled out. I realized I was the first one down, so, I grab a step stool. My broken leg stayed on the wheelchair, and my other one stood on tip toes. I reached my hands over my head and grabbed the box of donuts. Donuts. I stepped down, and took one. I put them back and hastily shoved a blueberry donut in my mouth. Wiping the crumbs away, I smiled. A few minutes later, everyone came down. I couldn't stop smiling.
Annabeth asked, "Grace, why are you smiling?"
I blush. "Uh, no reason. Just, uh, happy?"
"Okay," Annabeth says slowly.
My plan failed.
Percy went to grab the donut box.
"Seaweed Brain," Annabeth chided," do you really need that much sugar? Does anyone need that much sugar?"
"Yes, Wise Girl. Donuts are beautiful jewels of the world," Percy explains.
He flips open the lid, and shuts it again.
"Grace," my brother asks softly," did you steal my donut?"
It is times like these when I wish I could still run.
"Guilty," Frank declares.
"Another war is gonna start right here," Leo proclaims.
"Grace, you have done something horrible," Hazel explains.
Percy may have started war. If Thalia and Annabeth didn't stop him.

Thank you.

When we all got in the limo, with Percy driving, and Annabeth in the passenger seat to console him about the donut, the song of death invaded my innocent ears.
Leo belted," THHHISSS GIRL IS ON FIIIIRRRREEEE!"
I felt the need to punch him so hard.
I couldn't. Dam Nico held me down because it would be 'bad for my leg'. Ugh. We pulled up at the school, and Nico got my wheelchair out of the back. Percy carried me to the death chair, which I punched him for.
He asked, "Can you wheel yourself?"
I groan. "Yes. Go, guys. I'm fine."
I begin to spin the wheels rapidly, in effort to not get hit by cars. I get to the entrance, and realize how high the door handle is. I just wait for someone to open the door and go through then. I continue wheeling myself, until I see Gianna. She runs over to me.
"Oh my god. Grace, what happened?" She asked.
I explain my injury. "I jumped off a balcony into pool. But one leg didn't get in the pool."
"It's winter! How did you do that without getting pneumonia?" She exclaims.
I shrug. "Dunno. Can you wheel me to class?"
"Yeah, totally."

Within seconds of entering the realm of death (the classroom) kids begin laughing at me. Just like my dream. I try to remember what Percy had said. You are braver than them. Sure. I stare at the wall, nodding along to Mrs. Emerson's boring lesson. Just wait until lunch I told myself. Just wait.

Percy's POV

After comparing schedules for the day, I head to class with Frank, Jason, and Calypso. We grab seats next to each other. I have learned why Wednesdays suck. Bryn was here. She sat behind me, and I groaned. Mrs. Tyhmberg passed out some flyer. Swim team. Yesssss. The first meet was on Friday. Bryn looked over my shoulder.
She whispered, " I'll be cheering for you."
I shuddered and tried to focus on math. Tried. All I thought about was why Annabeth wasn't in this class. I almost dozed off, which the entire class was doing, but Calypso nudged me. I blinked and stared at the spot on the wall right above Mrs. Tyhmberg. Friday was my redemption.