Chapter 12

Andrew

"Mr Joseph, Sorry I'm late." I scratched the back of my neck as I nervously glanced around the room, noticing all the eyes that were locked on me.

"Take a seat." He pointed to an empty desk.

I walked to the open seat that was located in the middle of the classroom and it was right beside Isabella.

"I didn't know you took Spanish." I said as I sat down.

"Maybe because this is the first week I've been here." She said, fiddling around with her pencil.

I grinned and brought out the homework that was due today.

I walked down the hallway towards the cafeteria. On my way there I spotted Isabella, who had some guy pinning her up against the wall, sucking her face off. I didn't really see her as the type of girl who does that stuff in public but I've only known her for a couple days. I made my way past them and entered the cafeteria. As usual, I sat with Zach and some random guys who only talked about getting laid and who would look great in bed.

Typical boy talk.

After lunch, I went to my last class which was gym. I entered the locker room and got changed, going out into the gym right after putting my stuff away.

"Alright, you guys will be given a choice of what sport you want to play for the next month, the choices are either basketball or football." My gym teacher announced.

I'm going with football, obviously.

"Raise your hands for basketball....now for football."

I raised my hand as I looked around the gym for anyone who also picked football and to my surprise, Isabella's hand was up. She gave me a quick glance before turning her gaze back at our teacher.

"Ok, basketball stays here. Mrs Vernon will be coaching and football is outside with me." He waved his hand in the air for us to follow him, and so we did.

Everyone got on the field while Mr Solito, our gym teacher, brought out a bunch of footballs.

"Everyone grab a partner and line up to get a ball, we're going to be starting off with practicing how to properly throw and catch a football."

I looked around at all the people. We usually don't have partners in gym so I never had to worry about choosing someone. But now, I probably look like a total idiot just standing here with no partner.

"You look lonely, I'll help you out."

I looked down at Isabella who had a small smirk on her face. "I'm not lonely. I was just," I paused and rubbed the back of my neck while I looked around the field. "Looking for a friend."

She chuckled. "Ok Drew, let's get a ball."

That's embarrassing.

I ran towards Isabella who was lined up to get a football. "Don't you wanna be partnered up with like you know, another girl?" I asked slowly.

She scoffed and placed her hands on her hips. "What, you think I can't throw a football properly?"

My eyes widened as I felt my cheeks heat up. "What? No, I just.....thought you would rather play with someone your own strength." I winced at my own words.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She frowned as we both moved up the line.

I was about to answer until someone had cut me off. "Kingston you playing with your girlfriend today?" Mr Solito asked as he tossed a football to me.

My face paled. "What-no. She's uh, not my girl-"

"It's alright kid, she'll say yes soon." He winked and Isabella chuckled.

I groaned at myself as me and Isabella slowly walked away. "So, teachers pet?" Isabella stopped in front of me.

"Of course not, what makes you-"Her laugh cut me off. She turned around and walked away, with a small smirk on her face.

I rolled my eyes and went after her. We stood a far distance from each other. I got in position to throw the football, but before I did I looked at Isabella. "Are you sure you wanna be that far away?" I asked.

She nodded and put her arm over the top of her face to shield the sun from her sight. I threw her the ball and to my surprise, she caught it perfectly. My eyes widened as my eyebrows raised.

She held the football in her hand and gave me a confused expressions. "What? Don't think a girl can't catch a ball? Come on now Kingston don't be sexist here." She smirked.

"I'm not, I just didn't expect that." I said honestly.

"Never judge a book by its cover." She shook her head.

She took a step back and launched her arm forward causing the football to go flying in the air.

"Crap." I said to myself, realizing that the ball was about to fly past me.

I ran backwards and thankfully caught the ball by jumping in the air.

I gave her another surprised expression but all she gave me was a smirk. I rolled my eyes and threw the football back. We continued back and forth for the rest of class until the bell rang. Since I had the football, I walked over to the teacher and tossed him the ball. I turned back around towards the school, seeing Isabella standing little ways ahead of me. Assuming that she was waiting for me, so I jogged in her direction and ran my hand through my hair.

"Well I did not expect that from you at all." I admitted again.

"Same goes for you." She laughed.

"What, you think I can't play sports?" I raised my eyebrow while looking down at her small figure.

"Well, I mean you just seem like the type of guy who's into science and all that, not sports."

"Do I look like a nerd?" I put my hand over my chest.

She turned her had and looked at my chest then in my eyes. "Not visually, no." she chuckled nervously.

We walked back to the gym and separated there.