Chapter 21

Thank you so much for 27k<3 

Sorry for taking so long to update:/

Just so you know, there has been some changes in the book since I've rewritten most chapter:)

Andrew

"-just leaving?"

"Aaron I'm doing this for the both of you."

"How are we supposed to pay for shit like rent for all those months, we don't have jobs."

I walked downstairs to my dad sitting on the couch with Aaron standing in front of him. I felt bad for just suddenly hanging up on Isabella but whenever there's yelling, something bad is happening in this house.

"Andrew, we need to talk." Said my dad which was unusual because he's being calm and not trying to throw hands.

I looked at Aaron who just looked mad, then back at my dad who wasn't looking at me. "What?" I walked over to them.

"Your mother always told me to take care of you if something ever happened and I always told her that I'm your father, of course I will." He paused, finally looking at me. "I haven't been doing that at all since she left."

He looked drained of energy and happiness. I remember he was always happy and smiling. He had bags under his eyes, he hasn't gotten a haircut in months and his heard was unshaved.

"Her leaving is the worst thing I've ever been through," he looked away from me, to his hands that rested on his lap. "And I gave up on everything, including you guys." His voice slightly cracked.

I looked up at Aaron who was now seated on the armchair, staring outside the big window in front of us.

"I need to fix this, I want to fix this."

"You've said that a lot but nothing ever changes." I shook my head. We've had this conversation many times before but he never changes.

"Yes I know but I have a solution."

I looked at him, curious now and wanting him to continue so I could hear this solution that most likely won't ever happen.

"I'm going to rehab for my drinking, to put an end to it."

My mouth slightly opened and there was a feeling inside me but I didn't know what it was.

"What?" Was all that could come out of me.

He turned his body more so he could face me. "I can get my life back together Andrew, I could help you and Aaron out in school, go to parent teacher meetings, do things for and with you guys. You know, what dads do." I could see hope in his eyes but I was scared. Scared that he'd get my hopes up but he'll go back to his old ways. I think Aaron feels the same way.

"You saying this shit doesn't mean anything, for all we know, you'll leave to go do whatever the hell you want and come back the same person you are now." Aaron said lowly but there was no kindness or hope in his voice.

I know this is harder for Aaron than it is for me because him and dad get in more physical and verbal fights. He doesn't trust him at all. But I can see that dad is trying to get along with us. I have little hope while Aaron has none at all.

"When do you leave?" I ask.

"You're actually believing this shit?" Aaron scolds me.

I ignore him and look back at dad. "In two days, for 6 months." He replies.

I could hear Aaron curse to himself. "How are we going to live by ourselves with no money?"

"I asked Sam if you could stay with her for the time being."