A blind eye can see the whole world

Just a slow morning in the household of Connor and (Y/n)
Mild angst

requested by @Lithium_4418

You woke up
You think
Yea you did

You felt around the bed for any sign of warmth

Nada

"Man." You thought and decided to just get up and make your way to the kitchen.
You took off the blankets and placed both of your feet onto the cold floor.

"Connor?" You called out, holding onto the bedside table. "Connor Anderson." You placed your hand on the wall, feeling around for the small braille writings that Connor placed on them. He was always worried that you wouldn't be able to find your way around.

Of course you'd be fine. You always were.

Nevertheless he placed those small braille words on the walls just to tell you where you were going.

Safety precautions

You heard footsteps coming closer

"You alright (y/n)?" A hand gently grabbed your shoulder to guide you "I'm perfectly fine." You smile.

You take in the smell of bacon "Bacon, and waffles!" You declare "You always know what I'm making don't you?" "Tis a gift my dear sir."
You feel yourself being lifted up from the ground "Now tell me fair lady. To where shall we go?" "The table!" You place your hand on his hair.

"It's always so soft." "Just for you." He was always so cute. aH why did he have to be so cUte???

You're placed into a chair and scooted closer to the table "I could've done that you know." "I know but I'm-" "making it easier for me. I feel like an old woman Connor." "You aren't. But you have the temper of-" you smack his arm "Ow! How'd you know I was-" "I can hear you breathing from a mile away."

"Breakfast is served." A plate is placed in front of you and you feel around for the fork. It's a slow morning. You like that.

"So um there was a breakthrough in eye surgery."

You stop eating

"Oh. Really?"

"Yea there's a procedure now for blind people-"
"Connor.."
"If you went through with it you could see in a matter of days-"
"I know but-"
"Sure it's expensive but we can make it work-"
"Connor!"

That grabs both of your attentions.
You didn't mean to yell
He knew you didn't.

"Sorry it's just," You sigh "you know what happened to my eyes."

Connor looks down to the ground

"Yea."
"Tell me what happened please."

You hear his breathe falter

"I'm honestly getting sick of your games!"
"Why won't you listen?"
"Because you never listen to what I have to say!"
"Yes I do!"
"You know what? fine! I'm done."

You run out of the department, not looking up for anywhere for that matter.

A reckless mistake.

"(Y/n) wait!"
You run faster

You don't notice the traffic
Or the green light
Or the car

The doctor's did the best they could
The damage was already done
They suggested a treatment for you
And in your desperate state
You said yes

It went wrong of course
Your eyes were beyond repair now
The doctor said he was sorry
And that's all you got

"I can't trust doctors anymore. You know that." You tell him softly "But it wouldn't hurt to just try," Connor wiped his face "Maybe they could fix the mistake I made." You feel around for him and finally feel his cheek.

"It wasn't your fault."
"Yes it was."
"It was both of our faults then."

You feel a teardrop hit your finger so you wipe it away

"Don't cry for me. It was my own mistake for running into traffic."
"It was me who started the fight."
"But we bounced back."
"But you lost your sight."

You laugh softly "I don't need my sight to see the world. I can hear just fine, I can feel just fine." You our your forehead against his

"Even with my blind eyes I can see the whole world just fine."

Yikes that was angsty I'm sorry
Don't worry I got some happy shit coming out
Also may take a small break
Idk I've been out of it lately