Ch. 7 - A built-in gentleman

The Vanderbilt house was definitely not a house, it was too big to even call it a mansion. It was more like a few mansions in one compound, but belonged to one family. I was beyond me why one single family would need more than one mansion, but who was I to question their need for mansions. After Landon gave me a whole speech on how I should always use protection no matter how much Jace Vanderbilt threatened me, I was actually terrified to ring the door bell. I knew Jace didn't even see me like that, I was still nervous to be near him especially in his own home. Maybe I should just leave.

But before I could change my mind, the large double doors opened and it was too late to go back now.

A girl, who I assumed to work for the Vanderbilt's as she was wearing a maid uniform, opened the doors and told me Jace had already informed them I was coming. And to wait while she went to wake him up. So much for 11 o'clock, Jace... I sat down and felt my legs shaking, my feet kept moving around, unable to stay still. This was normal. I looked around and saw a family portrait on the side table to my left. My god, his family really was beautiful, what a gene pool...

After I received a text from Jace last night while I was watching the PLL marathon with my friends, I replied after carefully considering it. But he didn't call. And I hated that I was slightly disappointed.

After a cup and a half of tea that I downed from nervousness, I saw a sleepy Jace in his grey sweats and white tee walked toward me while putting a hand on his forehead like his head was banging from in the inside. He looked miserable. I was certain that he was probably up late last night doing god knows what. I think he was hungover?

The closest thing I ever had to a hungover was from a food coma. I thought it was bad that I wasn't in bed until 11 last night, but he definitely had it worse.

Should we reschedule...?

"I can leave if-"

"No, stay." He was only a few feet away and stopped me from finishing what I was gonna suggest. "Study."

He sat down on the couch and mumbled a few words I couldn't understand before crashing his entire body on the couch. And then his head fell on my lap first followed by his body adjusted up on the couch.

Jace Vanderbilt was lying on my thighs. Oh my god. My thighs burned wherever his head touched. My arms remained immobilized by my side, underneath his body. And now my head was the one banging from the inside. I wanted to push him off but I couldn't move. I was scared. I was terrified. This was a different horror than the one from Jace yelling at me.

Then I got the flashbacks, of those scary men with nasty alcoholic breaths and yellow teeth who touched me. How their dry hands felt on my skin and how their laughters sounded in the empty warehouse. I felt  my throat dry from the useless, desperate screams for help.

But then I looked down at his face and the flashbacks stopped. I was back in his house and the ringing in my ears slowly subded. As scared as I was, I didn't push Jace off because he seemed so peaceful.

The girl from earlier walked in with a tray of snacks in her hands, but her mouth dropped a little at the sight of Jace on my lap. She giggled softly and curtsied before leaving the room. Sooner than I could stop her to explain it wasn't what it seemed. Oh god... What was I supposed to do now...

"Jace, we-"

"Just for a minute." He mumbled, his eyes closed and he re-adjusted his head on my thighs. "I promise."

And he stuck to his word. Exactly a minute later, he got up and off of my thighs, where I was still shaking and didn't know what to do or even say. I realized my backpack was still on my back this whole time.