Ch. 8 - Lost & Found

Jace Vanderbilt

Thursday nights meant clubbing nights with the boys, but sadly tonight I didn't have my car so Charles had to come swoop me. Talk about embarrassment. My parents didn't budge on negotiating my punishment at all, especially when I missed most of family day to hang out with Avery last weekend. But it was worth it.

OMNIA was the same as it was every time we went, the same table in the same VIP lounge along with the same girls and booze. Charles always invited the same group of girls from East High and Sheldon, nothing new or interesting. But tonight, there was a new chick. From East High. Who could not shut the hell up or leave me alone. Her hand kept finding its way down my thighs and I was getting sick of it.

It was annoying as hell how I could not stop thinking about Avery West. What the hell was it about her and that stupid but addicting peaches & cream scent? She and her scent were so intoxicating that I couldn't refrain my hungover ass to stay away from her that Sunday morning she came over to work on our project together. I really laid on her lap, like a love sick puppy. Except I was anything but. If only she knew how much I wanted her.

Goddamn it, little Jace. Shut the hell up.

"What's going on inside that mischievous head of yours, Vanderbilt?" Charles turned his head away from the brunette with hazel eyes and handed me a glass of scotch, "You look miserable. West got you all fucked up or what?"

"Shut up." I narrowed my eyes at him as a warning. "Where the hell are the handles we ordered?"

I didn't want to think about how Avery West really did got me all fucked up, flustered and shit. I didn't like it, but at the same time I did. I didn't know what the hell was wrong with me. I didn't do vanilla romance. Ever. And here I was, still thinking back to the Saturday breakfast with her. Goddamn it. I didn't even know what got into me when I called her and asked her to go get breakfast. That was definitely not Jace.

Speaking of the devil, the handles of liquor arrived as well as more girls. Jesus fucking Christ. How many fucking girls are there here... When they say boys night, it's never really a boys night.

Harrison walked over and sat down next to me, putting his arm around me. He knew I hated this stuff. "Drink up, Jay."

Four handles later, we were beat. I definitely had to call for Blake, there was no way neither one of us was going to drive home tonight.

As soon as I sent Blake a text to pick us up in an hour, that chick put her head on my shoulder as she lit up a cigarette. Goddamn, how much clearer did I have to tell her to get the fuck off of me?

Annoyed as hell, I got up and walked outside for some fresh air. Then I saw her. Avery West. Walking with her friends across the street. She was laughing and talking to that weird chick, Nicole. And Will.

For some reason, the dude got my fucking nerves. I would get oddly angry as hell whenever I saw him in the cafeteria ogling his eyes at my girl.

Goddamn it, shut up soft Jace.

She was laughing, at something Will said. And I realized my fist balled up for some reason. Here I was, couldn't stop thinking about her while there she was, laughing at something Will said. I was being petty. Yeah, I was definitely being petty but drunk Jace didn't really give a shit.

Before I could refrain myself, I stormed across the street. I didn't know what the hell I planned on doing but I just knew I had to see her. Drunk Jace definitely had no fucking chill. And sober me was definitely going to regret it tomorrow morning.