Ch. 23 - The B2B Card

Everything felt so fucking unreal. Whenever I thought about how right it felt to hold Avery in my arms and the feeling I got when we kissed, I didn't believe it myself that it actually happened. I kissed Avery, my Avery. I was so fucking happy that I could fly up to the mood right now. Even the guys noticed how fucking ecstatic I was.

"Are you on something we don't know about?" Harry narrowed his eyes at me when we were playing ball waiting for everyone else to wake up. "I'm sort of concerned."

"Who else can make our Jacey's moods rise and fall like this?" Cameron laughed. "Hell, you must be fucking happy to not kill me for calling you Jacey."

"It's a beautiful day, why would I want to kill you? You can call me whatever you want, Cam. We're brothers." I shook my head, what was with them? I laughed at their silliness, which confused them even more.

"I'm really scared now." Cameron said, with the look of disgust on his face. "I kind of want scary Jay back, this happy go-lucky one is sort of creepy."

"Love is a powerful magic, dude." Charles shook his head as we walked back to our cabins to shower after the game. "I bet you Avery gave him a hug or something."

I didn't want to share with anyone the most perfect night I had, because I wanted it to be something precious that only Avery and I knew about. So I ignored every tease they tossed my way and kept my quiet. But I couldn't stop smiling, and I didn't care.

When I came to Avery's cabin, I knocked on her door with flowers in my hand. Girls liked flowers right? I was also wearing the scarf she made me. Avery was wearing a thick cardigan today and a turtle neck underneath with some jeans that made her body look way too nice for my liking. She didn't need to look even more perfect, god help me.

But then I saw it.

The J hanging around her neck like it fit there so perfectly.

She was wearing the necklace I got her. That meant...

"Ave, you're wearing it..."

She nodded her head softly, and smiled.

My knees got weak and my heart was beating so fast I thought I might just collapse right here. But instead, I cupped her face softly and kissed her. It felt so unreal to have the girl of my dreams accept my feelings. Someone as perfect as Avery was, I didn't deserve. But in that moment, I swore to myself that I was going to become a better man to deserve someone like her.

"Thank you for wearing it, Ave. You have no idea how happy I am." I couldn't wipe that stupid smile off my face, but I didn't fucking care. Avery was wearing my necklace around her neck.

"Aside from your temper, you're not all that bad, Vanderbilt." She smirked and poked my cheek.

I took her hand in mine and pulled her closer to me, tilting her chin up to face me.

"So I guess your boyfriend isn't all that bad, huh." I smirked, satisfied with the rosy tint on her cheek and the small gasp she let out. "You're mine, Ave. Unless you don't want to be then-"

Avery kissed me. You know, I hated being cut off but I wouldn't mind Avery shutting me up like this all day long. Shit, I wouldn't mind not talking at all if I could kiss her like this all goddamn day.

We were holding hands while walking to the common area, but when we got there, Avery took her hand away. "Maybe we shouldn't, I mean your cousins are all here and-"

I took her hand and held it tightly. "Good, I want everyone to know."

And she didn't reject it, so we walked inside hand in hand. Cameron was the first to notice, then everyone else started to shouting oh's and ooh's everywhere. Avery's cheeks turned red again and I couldn't help but laughed at her shyness.