Ch.14 - A Vanderbilt Birthday

Harrison: Happy birthday JACEY, 14 years now huh? I still remember the first time we met when you whooped my ass in the soccer little league and our dads became the best wine buddies. But you and me forever dude. This was your annual affection pass from me. Get ready for tonight.

Charles: HBD JACEY! Can't wait to get kinky with you later tonight. You're my brother for life and in hell. XOXO laters baby ;)

Cameron: Yeah, you know how much I you know what you. See you laters, happy birthday JACEY. 10 years of friendship and I still hate you for what you did to me in the 3rd grade you know what. But happy birthday dickhead!

And a million more texts, including very sexual ones from many girls at school. Innumerable social media posts. I had a small birthday dinner at my favorite restaurant, Triton's, last night with my family and my parents said my birthday gift was going to be given to me later this week whatever that meant.

Ali got me the entire set of LVxSupreme luggage and carry-on bag, as if I were ever going to use them. We all knew they were for her to "borrow", like all my gifts she got me every year before this one. The twins painted me the cutest picture of our family that was now hanging on my wall in my office.

My entire room was decked out in birthday decorations, curtesy of aunt Mace & Rose, and gifts sent from both sides of my family. Uncle Colton's gift was definitely my favorite thus far, my very own customized ATV. The big family was coming tonight for my party and I couldn't be more excited to see everyone together in one place again.

But one happy birthday wish was extra special this year, hers.

Avery: Happy Birthday Jace! :)

It was simple, but it made me the happiest guy alive. I was glad we were friends again, and every time we hung out, it just made me like her even more. This girl drove me insane, despite the fact that we've only known each other for a short time. I couldn't wait to introduce her to my family, especially aunt Rosie whom I knew would be ecstatic to meet Avery.

Aside from today being my birthday, it was also the day I decided that I was going to man up and ask Avery to be my homecoming date. Homecoming was in 3 weeks which meant I had to ask her sometime this upcoming week. No pressure at all.

"Happy birthday, young master." Greetings flew around the halls when I walked downstairs after a shower. Dad and I had gone to the shooting range this morning and a hot shower always felt amazing, so I greeted everyone with extra happiness today. It was busy in the house, with every one preparing for the party tonight. I didn't care about the party much, it was more about the people I cared about all in the same place.

"Birthday feast especially prepared with love," My mom placed my favorite dish of hers down on the dining table, her spaghetti. Yeah, it sounds ordinary but I swear to heavens that it was the best food I have ever had in my entire life.

"Thanks, mom." I kissed her on the cheek before greeting my favorite humans, "Hi, little monsters."

"Happy birfffday Jacey!!!" They both yelled in unison from their high chairs and reached out their arms to me. I took them both from their seats and held them in my arms. "we love you!!"

I was greeted by sloppy tomato kisses but I couldn't imagine any birthday greeting better than this, ever. They were wearing their matching onesies and despite being different genders, my mom had always dressed them in matching everything. So much now that they preferred to be dressed in matching outfits even when she didn't dress them herself.

"Where's Ali?" I asked my mom. Dad was out on a business luncheon, but it was strange that Ali wasn't home. "It's awfully quiet without her here."

"She said she was going to go shopping with her friends." Mom shrugged as she kept her eyes on her soup. Even though she never had to, mom always preferred to cook for her family. When she would be away, she always made food for us to last a lifetime. "She'll be back on time, she promised."