Orpheus The Explorer, And Even More Sexual Tension

Hi! Pesterlog colors may or may not work. Enjoy this chapter!

13. Orpheus The Explorer, And Even More Sexual Tension

------

Your name is Orpheus Ampora, and you’ve decided to investigate the Mayor since nobody else can, except maybe your sons but you want to do this alone. Over the past years when you were dead, you 3 had no reason to do anything about your deaths. You were dead, and that was that, right? You couldn’t change it, no matter what, but you could always float around and scare the shit out of people. That was always fun.

So you three got used to being dead and not doing anything to find out who your murderers were and catch them- which, in retrospect, wasn’t that good of an idea. You guess you should’ve been working on it, but you never thought it would work. Like how could you find your killers? You had no resources, no clues. It seemed impossible.

Until the Captors moved in.

They were a blessing to the household, really. They got you, Cronus, and Eridan off your asses and out to do work. Which is what you should’ve been doing. Whatever.

Nonetheless, here you are, ghosting around in the Town Hall, trying to find the Mayor’s office. It really shouldn’t be this hard, shouldn’t they have signs or something? Ah- you enter a random room, honestly just hoping it’s the Mayor’s at this point.

It’s not.

You sigh in defeat and are about to leave when suddenly someone comes through the door, grumbling to himself.

He’s shorter than you, maybe in the 5 feet range, and his left arm is in a sling. He looks grumpy, with a scar over his left eye and a scowl on his face. His hair is a dark black, and you read his name on the desk- Jack Noir. Huh. Isn’t that Mayor English’s right-hand man? Well, he’s definitely not his left-hand man. Heh. You refrain from laughing at your own joke, which was hilarious fuck you, and instead stand there and watch what he does.

He sits down at his desk, still grumbling- you can’t even understand him- and turns on his computer. You move to look over his shoulder, wondering what he could be doing. But what he opens is just a bunch of Mayor-y stuff, like keeping track of citizens and stuff. Whatever it is is of no interest to you, considering you’re after info on your murder.

You exit the room and think while you’re wandering. In the journal, there were 3 people- the “boss”, C, and the writer. You suppose C could be… Connie. Heh, you remember her. She tried to move in, along with her younger sister, some time ago… she was a cruel person. You remember you had fun driving her out.

Nonetheless, could it be? Then the “boss” could be the mayor, and the author… the author would be Noir.

Holy shit.

You freeze where you are, in the middle of the hallway. Stunning revelation aside, there’s a woman standing a few feet in front of you.

She’s as tall as you, and Asian, her hair tied back with two long pieces on either side of her head. She’s wearing a green dress, and she’s stopped as well, with a poker face, but her eyes are trained directly on you. You hesitantly move to the right, attempting to go past her. Her eyes follow you. Creepy.

You try to keep walking past her, and nearly jumping out of your ghostly skin when one of her pale hands latches onto your arm. And you can’t move.

You can’t help but think this is strange. Technically, you’re in full ghost form, so she shouldn’t be able to see you, never mind touch you. But that’s what she’s doing. She sees you, definitely, and she won’t let you move with the grip she has on your arm.