Episode 23: Behind the Mask

🌸

"Are you sure she wasn't there?" Lisa asked again. She was frantic. She was a hundred percent confident with her information.

"I swear, Lis. It was only the librarian and that student assistant."

"Did you ask around? I mean, did you make sure?"

"Yes! Gods, Lisa. You're really creeping me out. What exactly did you want me to see?"

Lisa's forehead creased as her index finger massaged her chin.

Where did this plan go wrong? How? Her intel had an accuracy rate of 100%.

Then her phone buzzed.

🔔 : The Fate sent you a private message.

READ

YES    |    NO

📥 Private chat with The Fate 💋

Looks like you barked
at the wrong tree, L

Or did you?

📎 Attached Picture

xoxo

Her forehead creased as she read the message and photo. How did The Fate know about her plan? Then she turned to Rosé. There's got to be a link here.

"Who's the current student assistant in the library?" She asked Rosé.

"Jennie's ex—I think."

Lisa showed her the photo. And instantly, Rosé's eyes grew wide. Her heads snapped towards Lisa who was now grinning diabolically.

"I think a surprise guest won't harm anyone, will it?"

🌸

ENGAGEMENT PARTY

"Wow. Lisa outdone herself." Hoseok—who just arrived at the venue almost twirled at the site of the spectacular looking ballroom. Black and Gold really did compliment each other. Not only that, but the idea of everyone in a Great Gatsby-ish attire made it look even more exclusive.

"She never disappoints," Jimin said proudly. That made Jungkook clear his throat. "What? Just because we're not together anymore doesn't mean I can't compliment her."

"Better keep those compliments to yourself, dwarfie. Before you retire from football earlier than expected," the guy hissed.

"Wow, Kook," Taehyung commented as he put his arm around Jimin's shoulder. "This is the first time I see you threatening people because of a girl."

"For guy with confidence as big as the Eiffel Tower, you're one insecure 'lil btch, brother."

The three guys were surprised to see Jennie Kim present with Namjoon standing beside her.

"What? Are pregnant women not allowed in parties anymore?"

"Jen? Your mom—"