Episode 27: Secrets and Lies

🔔 : The Fate just posted an update!

READ

YES     |     NO

👄 The Fate

In this decade we all should know by now that when you call someone and can't find them, you can be pretty sure they'll get the message. But if they don't call you back, it usually means 'Don't Disturb'.

Why look for someone who doesn't want to be found?

🌻

"Did you find him yet?" Taehyung asked Namjoon as he entered the classroom in which the latter shook his head in response.

"No traces. His phone's out of reach. I asked the doorman and he said he saw Jungkook go up his pent that night he's supposed to return—"

"Don't you find it odd?" Jimin interjected. "Knowing him, he wouldn't stop by his pent. He'd go straight to Lisa's place and woo her there."

"True. He had no luggage with him as well as a phone since he threw his in the hotel room—"

"Who threw his phone?" Lisa—who just arrived, cut him off. "Answer me, Jimin."

"Jungkook."

This made the girl's forehead crease. "And why is that? Why did he throw his phone?"

"Because of the TF blast when you arrived back here," Taehyung supplied. "He's pissed, Lis. And he regrets what he said—"

"Then why didn't he follow me?" She asked raising an eyebrow. "He had plenty of time to follow me back since I left."

"That's the thing, Lis," Namjoon said. "He took an immediate flight back. It says he arrived but we can't seem to find or contact him."

This made Lisa roll her eyes at them. "Figures. Maybe he met a hoe or two in the airport and decided to screw them instead—"

"I found this, Lis," he cut her off showing a very familiar piece of jewelry. "You know he never leaves without this. But for some reason, it was on the floor when I checked his pent."

Lisa took it and checked herself. It is Jungkook's. He never took it off. Even when they were... she shook her head and gave it back to Namjoon.

Three words... Eight Letters...

The night she received the anonymous call, she knew exactly who it was. Of course, after everything he said to her, she'd be pissed. She dropped the call almost immediately and blocked it.

She hurriedly took her phone out and unblocked the number. Then called it making the three guys wonder.

"Fuck."

She dialed again and again. Cursing after every failed connection. She screamed making everyone in the classroom turn to her. But she didn't give a damn. Her hands were shaking as she kept calling the number.

"Lis—"

"He called me last night," she cut Taehyung. "I'm so fucking stupid! I shouldn't have dropped the call. I... I should've listened to whatever bullshit excuse he had! Fuck. I... what if something bad happened to him—"

Taehyung, Jimin and Namjoon immediately took a panicky Lisa out of the room and towards the school clinic—which was conveniently the next room to theirs.

"Lisa, breathe," Namjoon tried to calm her down. "It's not your fault. He was a jerk when you two parted ways so—"

"Still!" She yelled and dropped on the floor. "I answered it. What if it was his last call? I... I..."