Episode 29: Homecoming

🔔 : The Fate just posted an update!

READ

YES | NO

👄 The Fate
Suits up, trails down. The joy Homecoming brings to highschoolers is truly a sight to see. Bring your A game everyone. I'll be watching.

xoxo 💋

🌻

"So yeah, it's a last minute thing," Lisa explained to the girls and Jin. "And besides, it's not like I don't have anything to wear. I can just get one from the mall—"

"Don't you fvcking dare, Lalisa Min!" Jin cut her off with an overly dramatic plea. "You have get one custom made! You're nominated for Queen!"

"Homecoming's tonight, Jin. I don't have much time to get one tailored for me."

"I have a back-up," Rosé suggested. "I know we have different styles but I'm positive you'll rock it."

Lisa smiled. "I won't say no to that. I'm kinda feeling lazy right now."

It's been a week and they were in speaking terms again. Rosé understood why Lisa snapped like that at her which she apologized for. And being best friends, they just let it slip. With everything that happened and everything they've been through, they see to it that no boy will ever come in between them.

"Plus, I'm not interested in getting that award," she added. "I'm just attending to keep my eye out for Rosé and Yoongi. I can't have another niece or nephew right now."

"Ya!" Yoongi and Rosé both exclaimed making Lisa shrug.

"If you're really not up to it, why are you even going?" Hoseok suddenly asked. "My brother's been so excited for the event since you said yes to his invitation."

She sighed. "Relax, Hoseok. I'm not gonna eat his head off if that's what you're worried about. I'm only going 'coz you all are. Is it that weird that I want to spend some time with my friends rather than wallowing the loss of that fucker Jeon?"

"Okay okay," he surrendered. "I'm just looking out for him since he's new here."

Lisa turned to Jennie.

"Hey Jen," she called the brunette's attention. "Since you and Namjoon aren't in speaking terms for Gods know what reason, who'll you bring?"

"I'm taking Kai," she answered with a sigh. "He said he's free so, why not, right?"

"Kai? As in the Kai who was having an affair with my Mother?"

"Yup," she nodded. "What? It's old news. As if things aren't weird enough that Yoongi's dating Rosé who impregnated me. We're all cool. Besides, he's just an arm candy. No hansy pansy 'coz I ain't getting myself knocked up again."

"We really are a weird set of friends, huh," Lisa muttered.

Jin on the other hand was rather observant. He stood up and took his bag.

"Lis, can you help me out on something?"

"Huh?" Lisa turned towards the blonde. He had this serious glint that made her oblige. "Uh, sure."

As the two arrived on an uncrowded area of the campus, Jin faced Lisa with his arms folded.

"Spill. I know there's something up."

Lisa rolled her eyes at him. "There's no scheme, Jin. Why do you always think I'm up to something?"

"Because you are."