Chapter 13 ll I am not prepared to be accused of raping an inanimate object.

Zoey's POV

Lights.

Lights everywhere.

"Jesus, someone turn off those damn lights!" I groan. I want to sleep.

The lights continue to shine. The strong rays penetrating into my eyes.

"Make it stop!" I shift around to find a duvet and droop it over my face.

Then, I heard a deep chuckle, light footsteps and curtains being drawn.

I smile, and throw the sheets off my head.

"I love you so much, kind soul," I drawl out the words lazily.

And I fell back to sleep.

-

When I finally woke up, it was already 3 in the afternoon. I'm in Chris' room. There are iPads and laptops stacked above one another. Dirty laundry and books are scattered all over the floor. My eyes widen and my eyebrow shoots up an inch. Chris reads?

My attention falls on the red fluffy rug that is lying under my feets. My love! It looks as majestic as ever.

"I miss you!" I holler, launching myself onto the beautiful material, spreading my love for it to each corner of it. I am in bliss.

"Are you trying to make me feel jealous of my rug?"

Did Chris just appear out of nowhere and actually saw me practically fondling his rug?

Well, shit.

"What?" I feign ignorance, standing up. My hands are locked behind my back awkwardly. What am I supposed to say?

"Zoey," he sounds as if he is talking to a child, "were you trying to rape my rug?" he bites down on his lip trying to contain his amusement.

Rape!

Out of all the words in the dictionary, he chooses rape!

"I'm just expressing my love for your rug," I am not prepared to be accused of raping an inanimate object. "It's like my favourite thing on earth." I emphasize.

Chris laughs and shakes his head. He has changed out of his clothes from the party yesterday, looking as attractive as ever. And then there's me, with my disgusting clothes from yesterday and my bed hair.

I look around his room again. Something poking out of the cabinet catches my eye. I eye it for a moment, then brush it off. Whatever is that, it doesn't concern me whatsoever.

Chris plops down onto the rug coolly, the resistance from air brushing through his hair, making it fly a little. That looks cool. I step forward onto the rug, I want to look cool too. With one hard push, I plop down onto the rug.

Ouch!

"My butt!" I groan, rubbing my poor backside. Why isn't Chris' butt hurting?

He laughs, "You are such an idiot."

I frown. Are we gonna have this conversation again?

"For the record, I've gotten straight A's since I was born." Chris snorts.

"I don't care. Zoey, let's go out."

"Where to?"

"Are you afraid of horror movies?" Oh shit, I am. I hate horror movies. They give me goosebumps. But I'm not going to tell Chris that, he'll laugh at me.

"What? No! I love horror films!" Lies, lies.

"Okay good, then let's go!" Chris sounds apprehensive, almost nervous even, though he covers it up with a bedazzling grin of his.