Chapter 29 ll If I see one more butt, I will staple yours to the screen.

Zoey's POV

The song ends. A silence takes over the entire room, but not for long though, another song starts playing through the speakers of Evelyn's phone.

I don't recognise who's singing, or what the song it is, but Evelyn obviously does. She is swaying her head, her hair flying in all directions.

"I don't even know your name," the male's voice sings out. I quite like this song.

"The name's Evelyn." 

"I don't even know your number."

"Momma told me not to give my number to strangers."

I stare at her weirdly. Is she conversing with the singer through the song?

"Evelyn, what are you doing?"

"Shhhh." She puts a finger in the air while closing her eyes.

"But I know I need you right now."

"But you don't even know my name!" She throws her hand up.

Does she do this all the time? I don't think I can do anything about it, so I simply try to block her out and continue with my book. I can't believe I'm finishing the book already. It's only been like four days!

The song plays on in the background, with Evelyn continuing to reply to every sentence from the lyrics.

"Let's make out."

"But I don't have anyone to make out with!" Evelyn cries.

Then a particular image of a boy comes into my mind.

"Are you sure? Because I think I saw you making out with Levi a few days ago."

I smirk, just as she opens her mouth to reply to another sentence from the song, she closes it. She looks like she's being caught off guard, her eyes wide and her cheeks are pink.

"What?"

"You guys were so into it! I had the shock of my life! I was just casually walking out of the school when I hear smooching sounds and I was like what the hell when I realise it was you two! I thought couples would only do that in movies. Why would you want to perform a live peep show for everyone?"

"I don't know! We were caught up in the moment!" Her cheeks are still pink. Since we're on this topic, I decide to take the chance and ask her more about her and Levi. I didn't really thought about it until now.

"Are you two a couple now?"

"I don't know," she murmurs. There is still a hint of redness on her cheeks, other than that, she looks truly confused and lost.

"Why? What do you mean?"

"I mean, we have been kissing and going out together but he hasn't mentioned anything about being in a relationship."

"Did you mention it to him?"

"No, I'm scared."

"Scared of what? Rejection?"

Her eyes are wide, and I know that she's measuring the possibility to that word.

After a beat, she answers, her words coming out like a quiet gasp, "Yes. I'm scared of that."

"So you didn't mention it to him because of that?"

"Yes."

"You're so silly. Has it dawn on you that he might be feeling the same way too?"

"The shit?"

"I think Levi is scared too."

"I seriously don't get what you're talking about."