Chapter 24 ll "Wow, and I'm the sadist."

Zoey's POV

No, I am not excited for the date.

Baking class and a dinner after that? I can never picture Chris in an apron, in the kitchen, squeezing icing onto a cake. He would look way too domestic for his own good.

I hop my way into my closet. I'm not joking if I say that I'm walking on air. I feel like a carefree little three-year-old surrounded by mountains of candies and ice cream. Everything seems right to me.

Within 30 minutes, I am finally done with making myself look at least decent for a date.

I have at least 35 minutes left before Chris comes and pick me up, so I head into my bedroom and start working on my homework.

I was halfway through solving an equation when I sense some movement behind me.

The first thing that comes to my mind is that Chris had probably broke into my house yet again, but then, I glance at the time, it is only 5.46, and I don't think Chris would choose to come over 14 minutes earlier.

Shit.

My stomach lurches. Okay, maybe I'm being paranoid.

But I'm at home all by myself and it's getting late!

This is one of the few times I would be upset with my mother for being constantly absent from home.

Plus, I am all dressed up, I can at least say that there is a higher chance of me getting robbed or kidnapped. This theory makes sense, right?

No one would want to come near me if I'm dressed in a shirt that says, 'Yes, I did actually swallow a watermelon' and some comfy sweatpants. Now that I'm dressed in a decent pair of black skinny jeans and actual clothes, the defence mechanism is lost and so will I be, if I really get kidnapped.

I pick up my newly sharpened pencil to brace myself for any attacks. I can feel the chilling presence of the person. I halt my movements and prepare a good mindset to be ready to stab whoever the person is, furiously with the pencil.

I suppress an evil laugh within me. Not a good time for jokes!

As my hand slowly rises, I became aware of a wave of gentle breathing on my neck. A cold shiver run down my back.

Oh god, what kind of criminal is this? It breathes on people.

My heart pounds faster.

Then, I feel the breathing leaves my neck.

I try to make light out of my situation. Probably the attacker passed out at how good I smell. Ahh, the jasmine shampoo sure worked it's magic.

Without any sort of warning, a piercing, lurid scream erupt from behind me.

In reaction to that, I let out an equally loud and un-ladylike scream as my heart rate speeds up and my body jumps.

What the hell!

I turn around to see Chris standing there, laughing his butt off. His asthma laugh always gets to me, but not this time!

"That was so-", I pause to find the right word, "-so uncalled for!"

"You're such an ass, I'm shock you weren't featured in one of Nicki Minaj's video! Why did you do that? Oh, did my screams give you joy? What are you, a sadist?" I hiss, my arms flying everywhere as I try to find an output for all my anger. I don't even know why I'm so angry.

"A sadist?" He looks at me weirdly, obviously amused.

"Yes, what's wrong with that?" I fold my arms, glaring, though I can feel my anger dissipating.