Promise Me

The next two days were the slowest and most painful that Kirishima could remember having in a long time. He had text his mum telling her he was sick and asked if she could call the school so he could have a couple days off.

He'd stayed in bed almost the entire time. He hadn't sunk low enough to forget to shower but he barely remembered doing it. He was confused and hurt and angry but mostly he was just flat.

He didn't know what he'd done but he'd given up trying to figure it out. It just landed him in a worse mood than he was to begin with.

By the time Thursday came around he knew he couldn't avoid everyone forever when he heard a knock on his door. But he decided to ignore it anyway. Then he got a text 'Let me in, I know you're in there' it was Kaminari.

'It's open' he sent back.

Kaminari came in and sat on the end of the bed. "Dude you look like shit."

"Nice to see you too," Kirishima grumbled.

"Man what happened? Bakugou's been even more insufferable than usual. He doesn't even blow stuff up anymore. Just makes everyone feel real uncomfortable."

"I got dumped, Denki, do I look like a wanna talk about it?" Kirishima sighed.

"Yeah ok, fair enough. Don't forget that we have the class celebration for before exams tomorrow night though. Aizawa said it's compulsory since he got roped into organising it," Kaminari reminded him.

"That's the last thing I want to do." Kirishima rolled over.

"Yeah well you have to come so what do you wanna wear? I can pick it up for you from your mom," Kaminari offered.

"Just grab whatever," Kirishima conceded.

Kirishima's gaze had wandered to Bakugou without him realising. He was sitting with his head leaned back against the wall, ignoring everyone.

Bakugou was looking up at the ceiling, he knew if he looked anywhere else, he'd end up looking at a certain red head. This was the first time he'd seen him since he left his room.

His focus had fallen on him too many times already. He looked good, wearing the same outfit that he'd worn to the fair what felt like forever ago.

"Go and talk to him before your eyes bore a hole through his shirt," Kirishima heard from his left. Kaminari had lounged in the chair next to him.

"He's made it pretty clear he doesn't want that," Kirishima replied, not even trying to hide the fact that he'd been caught looking.

"Is that why he keeps looking over here every time you look away? He's not the most subtle dude you know," Kaminari smiled.

"He's probably just glaring, or making sure he knows where I am so he can stay at the opposite end of the room," Kirishima mumbled.

"Not very manly you know, giving up and ignoring your problems," Kaminari knew how to deal a low blow and he didn't even feel bad about it.

It worked though. "You're right, I'll talk to him. Tell him to stop looking at me." Kirishima looked back to where Bakugou was sitting but his spot was empty.

Kaminari shook his head. "Not what I meant but it's a start I guess. He went out there" Kaminari pointed to the side door.

Kirishima took a deep breath and got up. He felt Kaminari's hand on his arm. "Good luck man. I'll be here if you need me."

"Thanks, but go talk to Jirou, you've been looking at her this whole time. I'm distracted, not blind," Kirishima said as he headed for the side door.